1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung S5 getting slow after update. Manufacture policy?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sirkubax, Jun 15, 2016.

?

Does Your phone slow down after the update?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sirkubax

sirkubax Lurker
    None

Jun 15, 2016
    Male
    I've recently received 2 updates for my Samsung Galasy S5 (SM-G900F) Android 5.0 There was security patch 2015-05-01, and some other update.

I can not prove that, but my battery drains like 3x faster than before updates, and phone is visibly slower (you feel the 'lag'). It may be some stuff in my system, but for now I blame the update.

Not going into conspiracy theory, but how could we check, if the producer does not 'break' it's own phone (by making it slower, drain battery faster) to force You to buy a new phone? Before update I did love my phone, now it is a junk!

1. Any suggestion on how to track the battery-draining/processor-heavy tasks?
    2. Is there a place in he phone where the logs of the update process are recorded, so I can get a hint what was the update package?
    3. The phone is still under warranty, I'd prefer not to root it yet (but - is it possible to dump current system image (without a root), and upload previous image)?
    4. Is there a list of official images? http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-G900F - looks nice, but is this valid? Can I simply upload 'previous version' with a KIES (or Heimdal, since I'm on ubuntu) and expect it to work?
    5. Have You tried Andorid 6.0.1 yet?

kernel: 3.4.0-5508620 dpi@SWHD4018 #1 (9th may) with SE for android: SEPF_SM-G900F_5.0-1_0051 (20th May)

Attached Files:

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.