• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung S5 has no touch, broken screen, no usb debugging. How can I project it onto my PC?

WhiteGlue

Lurker
Jun 6, 2017
I have been looking around the internet for a couple of weeks looking for any possible way to project my Samsung S5 screen onto my PC monitor. So far, I have found nothing. I have spent a lot of money on the games on my phone and the phone has some accounts that I cannot bear to lose. Can anyone please find a way to help me fix this and get all my data off this phone?

When you say the screen is broken, do you mean that the screen does not display anything either? Or you simply have no touch response, but you can see the screen?

If the former, then I think your only option would be to replace the screen. For the S5, the part is ~$100.00.

If you can see the screen then you might want to try an OTG usb adapter and plug in a mouse to see if you can navigate the phone menus enough to backup everything.

Reactions: mydian and mikedt
Upvote 0
Hi, I have same problem: S5 with broken screen (no display and no touch response), no usb debugging. I bought the following converter and either HDMI works (I can see phone on TV) or mouse (I can se the light on the mouse) but these two items do not work simultaneously. Has anyone could help and let me know how I can access my phone ( I need to backup WhatsApp and get access to pics). Please advise if you know. Thanks!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDTV-MHL-Co...Reader-Adapter-Samsung-S3-S4-S5-/152356943462

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones