1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung S5 is stuck on the start-up screen after a nandroid restore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RA_BH, Oct 7, 2017.

1. RA_BH

RA_BH Well-Known Member
    None

The subject pretty much says it all...I'd backed up everything to my 128Gb card, including a nandroid backup, then performed a factory reset (to try to restore some zip, and to try to convince the phone to once again tell me when I have new voicemail). The reset did not address the lack of voicemail notification, so decided to do the nandroid restore (using some version of SafeStrap).

After it rebooted, there were tons of "unfortunately app whatever has stopped" At that point, I performed another factory reset.

Now, all I can get to is the 1st boot screen, where it tells you what it is (white text on black background). further factory resets made no difference. I tried using ODIN, and according to the PC app, flashing any of the G900V_NE9_Kernel, G900V_NHA_Kernel, etc. worked (SUCCESS!)...however, the S5 didn't agree.

I have downloaded the ADB package, but have no experience with it...

any advice is more than welcome. before things crapped out, I was happily rooted and running 4.4.2. Glad that my S3 is still with me and quite happy to see everyday use again.

by the way, a manager at my local Verizon store said that it's usually their end when voicemail notifications go south.....meh

Advertisement

2. RA_BH

RA_BH Well-Known Member
    None

Update: it lives...
    I found a thread on xda-forums, for a rather similar problem. I used the latest version of Odin and the latest update for the VZW S5 (it ends in QH2), and it worked. now to get back root, somehow...

svim and Mikestony like this.
  3. James L

James L Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    Install emmc brick bug check if the cid starts with 11 meh but it can be rooted, if it starts with 15 awesome and it can be re rooted but not on the latest firmware version.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.