1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung S5 receives power, but does not charge battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cc6743, Apr 18, 2016.

1. cc6743

cc6743 Lurker
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Yo, got my S5 for one and a half year now, but this weekend it stopped loading the battery. I tried multiple chargers from different manufactures and also connecting it to a PC/Laptop does not help. Also changing the battery did not work.
    When connected it shows that it's charging, but the percentage keeps going down slowly until it reaches 0% and it shuts itself down.
    This happens like every second to third charge and it seems that it's only possible to charge the phone when the battery is deeply discharged.
    Double checked cables, charges and sockets and they work on other phones.

Has anyone else encountered this problem too? Is there anything else I can do than just bringing it back to the store? Will a battery callibration help in this case?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Battery Calibration is a very old theory, and out of date.
    It causes more harm than good.

What you have described rules out just about everything you can do..
    To me, it sounds like a hardware failure on the motherboard.

as it is out of warranty, probably ought to look for a replacement phone.

but, there would be NO loss except for data, if you would perform the 'FDR' which will reinstall all of the factory OS... there is a very outside chance this will 'fix it'...

but, I personally don't see how that could have any effect on the battery charging circuits.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.