1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung S6 Edge - download Edge-screen applications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stonefox, May 15, 2015.

1. stonefox

stonefox Member

Hello

I purchased an "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge" and would like to have some more "Edge-screen" applications installed. They are hard to find, since all those I have found only works for "Samsung Galaxy Note" - Where can I find "Edge Screen" application that can be used to "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge"?

Program shotcut - measuring tape and everything else of interest

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Your best bet would be to ask in our S6 Edge forum - I'll ask one of the mods to move this thread there.

I don't think there are very many for the S6 Edge though. Its edge screen is somewhat different from the Note Edge's.

3. For best exposure ... moved to forum dedicated to the phone.

... Thom

Hadron likes this.
  4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Unfortunately, the edge on the Galaxy six edge is considerably different from the Note. It seems to be an extension of the main screen, where under certain conditions certain limited sections (the edges) light up. This limits the ability to write specialized software for the S6 edge. It's also, most probably, an hardware limitation. At present all available "apps" can only be reached through the Settings/Edge screen. Hopefully, this will change.

5. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  6. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Nice find. Holds out hope for independent (non-Samsung) edge-based apps. Unfortunately, these two particular apps in particular don't hold too much value (personal opinion) at the present time.

silentwitness likes this.
  7. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

the music player app would have been nice if it worked

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews