1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung S7 Edge and smart door bell problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevekyd, Oct 3, 2020.

1. stevekyd

stevekyd Lurker

I have a video doorbell with PIR movement detection using the XHS.cam app. The phone responds to both the bell press and movement with only a minor delay of between two or three seconds unless it has gone into sleep mode. In sleep mode the time lag for the phone to notify me that the bell or PIR has activated is between two and eight minutes in the dozen or so times I have checked. If I press the bell button or activate the PIR within three minutes of the previous working connection between the phone and the bell then there is almost instant notification on the phone. My wifi setting on the phone is set at always connected. All of the previous is the same if wifi is disconnected and I use the phone with data usage only.

Can anybody out there please suggest a fix for this before I send the phone, bell and probably the router to the bin. Thanks in anticipation, Dave.

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I did see a YouTube video review of a "smart" video doorbell a few months ago, and it found issues like you're describing. Don't know what brand it was for sure, maybe Ring, but in the end it was returned as unsatisfactory.

Can't find the video in question at the moment though.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

uninstall and re-install the app, but to be honest i do not know much else you can do. other then to start all over again with the setup. if that does not work then i would check the product to see if the s7 edge is still supported. you might want to try on a much newer device.

mikedt likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews