1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung s7 edge dead

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gslack1989, Jul 12, 2017.

1. gslack1989

gslack1989 Lurker

hey guys
    yesterday my phone was on charge and it started sizzling and smoke coming out the charging port.
    unplugged the phone it turned on but wouldn't charge now it's completely dead.
    is there any way to sort this and any one to recover my pictures on the internal memory?
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shariarkuasa

shariarkuasa Newbie

Getting your pics out of your phone is simple but your phone sounds pretty bad. Change your battery with someone else's s7 edge battery and get pictures done. For your phone I think you need to see a technician or you could contact with samsung authority if you have the warranty valid still now. Did you use the original charger of your s7 edge or not?

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If it's fried, burned and dead, possibly professional forensic level chip-off data recovery. Extremely expensive though.

4. shariarkuasa

shariarkuasa Newbie

As you said it turned on after taking off the charger, probably the charging port only got damaged. In that case, it wouldn't be too costly to repair. Take it the service center.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews