1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung S7 Edge swipe back feature

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Wayne3NT, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Wayne3NT

Wayne3NT Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    So I just made the switch from apple, I've been an iPhone guy for many years and I have a few qualms with the S7 edge. Probably my biggest one though is that I can't swipe the screen forwards or backwards to make my web browser for example go back or forward a page. Anyone know of a way to fix this, am I missing something? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

If you don't like the stock browser as pre-installed, you could use a different one. The Dolphin Browser available free on Playstore is one that allows you to swipe between open tabs (if that is what you mean). One advantage of android is that if you don't like an app, you can almost always change and use a different one.

electricpete likes this.
  3. Wayne3NT

Wayne3NT Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    I tried Dolphin already and it doesn't support the swipe back feature either. What I want is to be able to go back a page on what ever browser by simply swiping the screen. I haven't found a browser for android that does that yet.

4. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    By back a page, if you mean go back to the previous link you were looking at, the back button does that in most browsers.

electricpete likes this.
  5. Wayne3NT

Wayne3NT Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    Lol yes I understand how the back button works. I'm asking about swiping the screen to the right with your thumb in a horizontal direction to achieve that result. Iphones do that and it's very convenient. Am I not speaking English here?

6. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    It was a logical reply by girolez since you said you weren't familiar with Android. The illogical reply was yours. (That's an odd way to respond to people who are trying to help you )

I realize different people have different preferences. If that feature is essential to you, you might try Firefox with its customizable quick gestures add-in. I know you can build compound-swipe gestures like Down/right to go back and down/left to go forward (look at the screenshots in the link). I'm not sure if it allows single swipe gestures...you'd have to investigate.

But personally I think Firefox is a slow browser. I stick with chrome.

Come to think of it, are you sure Dophin doesn't allow you to create customized gestures? I thought you could do that when I used it a few years back.

#6 electricpete, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  7. Wayne3NT

Wayne3NT Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    Perhaps it was a little rash.
    Thanks for the insightful reply, I dug into your recommendations and found that dolphin does allow gestures but but first have to hold and swipe the dolphin icon at the bottom of your screen then give it the gesture. Firefox is a little slower, you're right but with the add on it does allown single finger gesture commands. Thanks!

electricpete likes this.