1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung s7 Edge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrissywhite85, Mar 14, 2016.

1. chrissywhite85

None

Mar 14, 2016
    Male
    Hi Guys
    my name is chris and i am new to the forum and new to samsung amd amdroid i have finaly made the switch from apple and iphones

i have the s7 edge and i thought when you receive a message/email/messenger message/missed calle/whatssappmessage, thaat they would appear on your edge screen without you having to swipe at the side to see them. for example if my phone is on silent on my desk how will i know if i have a message if it doesnt show with out me swiping the edge to check? OR am i missing something here? any other usefull tips or tricks for the phone would be welcomed.
    I also have noticed i can not play music in mt car from my USB charging cable like you could with iphone says device not supported? will there be an update due out for this or am i going to have to buy a USB to aux acable lol

cheers guys

hope to hear from you soon

Advertisement

2. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi, Chris. Notifications by default will appear on the top of the screen. The only notifications that will end up on the edge portion will only show up if you have people set on the people's edge. To do that, swipe the edge until you reach the module labeled people's edge and set your people you want notifications from there. Just a note that the types of notifications you receive from them on the side are SMS, email, missed calls, and OnCircle features.

As for the car issue, good question. I am not personally experienced with that, but from what I have researched, it is a common issue for many vehicles to not be able compatible with Android phones when plugged directly. What type of car do you have?

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.