• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung S7... glitch?

Kc34

Lurker
Mar 11, 2016
Before I start here's a little info about my purchase just in case that helps:

I preordered my S7 on March 5th and received it on Wednesday, March 9th. I activated it on the next day (the 10th) in the AT&T store. I'm honestly not sure if everything on this phone is correct because I just switched from an iphone 5s and haven't used an android in like 5 years. But from all the videos i've watched reviewing the S7 i don't think mine has the "correct" stock set up.

Here's my layout in the settings (quick settings in a tab):
Screenshot_20160311-223220.png

But all the other S7 settings layouts I've seen look like this (quick settings on top of all the other settings):
galaxy-s7-quick-settings-top-wallpaper-640x427.jpg

I know this is kind of nitpicking and it's really not THAT big of a deal, but it makes me wonder if there is anything else wrong with my phone that I just haven't caught on to yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Yeah actually I just typed in "AT&T Samsung S7" into youtube and found a 2 minute video of an AT&T salesperson talking about the new features. For like a brief second they showed the settings and it looked like how mine looks. So i think that solves it.

Other AT&T S7 users are welcome to confirm! thanks for the reply @chanchan05 ! i appreciate it

Upvote 0
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the choice of "tabbed" settings is itself a setting! (but I don't have access to an S7 to check this...

EDIT

Just found it on my Note 4 with 5.1.1 - probably the same on the S7

Open settings
press the ... at top right
view as
List view or Tab view

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones