• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung S9+ flip cover compatibility issue

My Samsung S9+ was bought direct from Samsung and is around a year old. I have a Samsung branded flip cover bought about 9 months ago from a retailer. A couple of months ago the cover would not automatically lock the screen when the cover was closed. Samsung via live chat say this is a fault created when the last software version 9 was updated. They say the cover I have only works with version 8 so is no longer compatible and the issue lies with the retailer (how they know what version of cover I have I don’t know). Okay so the retailer may change it as it’s under guarantee but what happens when Samsung update to version 10 etc. At £65 a time for a cover that last 7 months this surely isn’t right. If Samsung are correct then consumers should be aware of this. Has anyone else experienced this issue.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones