1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

samsung s9+ not syncing with garmin venu after update

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by conrail, Oct 19, 2021.

1. conrail

conrail Lurker

I use my samsung s9+ mobile phone with a garmin venusmart watch app, setup was easy until my phone had an update, since then I can't seem to track anything,

I have 3 options set up on the venu, walking, cardio and stair stepper, unfortunately nothing seems to link to the phone,

I have gone through the settings on the phone and the venu but still nothing, apparently they are not syncing,

has anybody any idea on suggestions to help, all help and advice appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Presumably this connects to Garmin's app on the phone via Bluetooth. So is the Bluetooth connection working? Remember that there's a stupid restriction in Android where Bluetooth LE only works if location is enabled, so if you've denied the Garmin app location access that could cause this.

Otherwise you could try clearing the cache of the Garmin app, reboot the phone, maybe tell it to forget the Venu then re-connect it (all just generic things to try, not recommendations based on experience of this problem as I don't have a Garmin device). Or describe what settings you have gone through, in case that gives anyone any clues.

3. conrail

conrail Lurker

thank you Hadron, just changes the GPS settings to include Galileo, will check in the next couple of days to see if that has worked. I appreciate your advice

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

is the garmin app up to date? if it is then you might need to wait until the app gets updated as well.

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. conrail

conrail Lurker

thank you conbrze, I did uninstall the app and reinstall it

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

uninstalling and re-installing does not necessarily update the app. sometimes when the app runs it will look for updates. sometimes apps need to be manually updated. i would look to see if the app needs updating.

Unforgiven likes this.

Garmin Connect

Garmin Connect Forum

com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile

Garmin Connect™ is your one-stop source for health and fitness data. Whether you’re training for a race or tracking steps, it provides the information and inspiration you need to beat yesterday. Once paired with a compatible(1) Garmin device, activity tracking is just the beginning of what Garmin Connect™ can do for you. You can create new workouts, build courses and even challenge your friends to compete, all within the app. Garmin Connect™ is packed with useful features, including the ability to: - View today’s health data in vivid detail on your personalized My Day page. - Analyze your activities and their related statistics. (2) - Create customized workouts and courses. - Sync with other apps like MyFitnessPal and Strava. - Review personal records for steps, distance and pace. - Earn badges for accomplishments. - See how you measure up to other Connect users with Insights. - Get support for Garmin devices and their features. Are you ready to join millions of users who walk, run, bike, hike and strive to beat yesterday? Learn more about Garmin devices and how they work with the Garmin Connect™ app at Garmin.com. (1) See compatible devices at Garmin.com/BLE (2) Activity tracking accuracy: Garmin.com/en-US/legal/atdisclaimer Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.

READ MORE
March 4, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
10M+
Installs