1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung S9 Screen Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Desi2156, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Desi2156

Desi2156 Lurker

I recently dropped my phone and now my screen isn't working. It seems everything else works just the same as it vibrates when I receive notifications and the buttons on the sides work too, but I just have a blank screen. Occasionally I'll press the buttons on the side and the screen will flash green, but that's about it. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Hadron, Jan 21, 2020 (1 points)
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Repair.

Whether that means replacing the screen or just reconnecting something is impossible to say without opening the phone up, but repairing the damage is the only answer.

4. Desi2156

Desi2156 Lurker

Ah, I see. Thanks for the help

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Given your phone does sound like it's functionally OK and the problem is just the display is dead, is the display damaged physically (cracked or dented)? If not, a likely scenario is the connector between the circuit board and display was jarred loose in the accident. If you're comfortable tearing down your phone and you've got the necessary tools, ifixit has a step-by-step guide on replacing the display:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S9+Display+Replacement/116670
    The connector is shown on step 15. You can bypass a lot of the actual disassembly references and just focus on tearing down your phone enough so you get to that step to just re-seat the connector. Read through all the caveats though, there's a lot of them as there are a lot of glue and adhesives to deal with, plus the waterproofing seals will need special attention to replace.

Hadron, MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  6. olbriar

olbriar  

If you aren't inclined to do the repair yourself, there are reputable repair shops that are in business to do just such a procedure for a price. I recently had a microphone replaced on my S8 to give you some idea the cost. Your S9 definitely sounds like a candidate for a repair. Best of luck.

Hadron, svim, MrJavi and 1 other person like this.