1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung: Slow updating for OS updates, but Blazing Fast shutting stuff down

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, May 19, 2011.

1. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Seriously. Samsung broke update records to shut rooting down, but take almost a year for significant OS updates to devices. Seems like they can react quickly, but only in their interests.

Update the slow file system and all is good, Samsung!

The good news is that maybe this quick update (regardless of intentions) shows Samsung will be more speedy in future updates like Gingerbread.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert

Samsung shuts down rooting on the phone? Where did you get that from? It's Motorola that deserves that word.
    Blame U.S carriers for slow Froyo roll out, all Galaxy S outside U.S got it by the end of November last year. Now they got Gingerbread on it outside U.S before HTC, Moto release 2.3.3 to their last year's phones. Samsung is getting their acts together for updates.

3. rushmore

Point is Samsung took a long time updating current devices but were in maximum overdrive updating the Charge that had an easy apk install root path.

The update accidentally killed the software root? If so, I will recant.

All OEMs are like this, but at least most also provide decent (kind of ) update intervals.... I might have to think about that more.

4. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

I do honestly think the update broke GingerBreak by accident. GingerBreak isn't nearly as robust as RageAgainstTheCage. Read their download entry: C skills: yummy yummy, GingerBreak!

"Manually offset" stuff. We would probably have to do something like that to get it to work on ED2. I don't think it broke root intentionally; rather, it might have changed some offsets, making GingerBreak confused.

5. rushmore

....OK I recant! :eek::)

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews