1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung stock player only showing sub-folders instead of entire folder structure

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crystalline, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Crystalline

Crystalline Newbie

Heya, folks.

On my computer I have several folders -- one for each genre of music I like -- and inside each of those folders there'll be several folders for all the artists I listen to within that same genre.

It's kinda like this:

Genre 1 - Artist - songs

Genre 2 - Artist - songs

And so forth...

However, when I copy my music over to my Galaxy S6, access the stock music player, and view music by folders, it'll only display the folders with music files in them. Meaning, instead of maintaining the folder structure from my computer, I just get a super long list of all artists I have, and that's not what I want to do.

What if I just want to shuffle songs inside a specific genre, and NOT ALL songs? :/

How can I move up one level in the folder structure? Or rather, how can I view the folder structure exactly as it appears on my computer? Heck, if I go to "My Files" on my S6, and into "Internal Storage" I can see the folder structure exactly like it shows up on my computer.

Any help? How do I fix this? I really love the stock player, as its interface is pretty and, well... it's the stock player. I don't want to install third party stuff. Always hated doing that.

Any tips?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I think the stock Samsung music player goes on how the MP3s are ID3 tagged, rather than looking at and displaying the folder structures. And that's how it works, end of. So you may have to install and use a third-party music player that can, e.g. I use Rocket Player, and that can browse, show and select folder structures.

#2 mikedt, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017