• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Stolen but can see activity via gmail

My house got robbed the other day. Amongst some of the things they stole, was a Samsung Tablet which is connected to my gmail. To my suprise and disappointment, the tthieves started using
the tablet and they connected it to Internet (via WiFi or sim, cant tell..I did not have a sim in it). Recent activity in the gmail shows that the tablet sincyed few hours ago but Find My Device "Can't reach deice" so it is useless..at least for now. Recent Activity shows Location: Only the country I live in, which is not sufficient, but very conveniently shows the PC I am using as the suspicious activity and even shows the IP. This is the disappointment. Now the good news....the idiots are using the Tablet to play the video games already installed on it and remain oblivious to the fact that their activity is tracked under My Activity. From there I can what games they are playing and the time but I can not see the location.
How the hell is Google - that makes ALL ITS MONEY based on location and demographics - does not show that data especially for stolen device?

I need an advice as to what can I do now to track them. It all feels so close...I can see what activities they are doing I just do not have the location!

P.S. I do not care about the tablet...I care about the car they stole together with the tablet. So please, do not advice me to erase my details into the tablet and etc....I want to use the
tablet to track their location so I can get my car back.

My house got robbed the other day. Amongst some of the things they stole, was a Samsung Tablet which is connected to my gmail. To my suprise and disappointment, the tthieves started using
the tablet and they connected it to Internet (via WiFi or sim, cant tell..I did not have a sim in it). Recent activity in the gmail shows that the tablet sincyed few hours ago but Find My Device "Can't reach deice" so it is useless..at least for now. Recent Activity shows Location: Only the country I live in, which is not sufficient, but very conveniently shows the PC I am using as the suspicious activity and even shows the IP. This is the disappointment. Now the good news....the idiots are using the Tablet to play the video games already installed on it and remain oblivious to the fact that their activity is tracked under My Activity. From there I can what games they are playing and the time but I can not see the location.
How the hell is Google - that makes ALL ITS MONEY based on location and demographics - does not show that data especially for stolen device?

I need an advice as to what can I do now to track them. It all feels so close...I can see what activities they are doing I just do not have the location!

P.S. I do not care about the tablet...I care about the car they stole together with the tablet. So please, do not advice me to erase my details into the tablet and etc....I want to use the
tablet to track their location so I can get my car back.

My suggestion would be is to take that information you got to your local police station and let them handle that for you. Even though the perpetrators may be idiots they can also be dangerous if you caught them on your own. Yes let the authorities handle that, they have the equipment to triangulate their location whenever they get back online using your device.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones