• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Pretty much my thoughts to a T. Samsung has lagged with their updating for this phone, but now that I've gone custom ROM, it doesn't matter to me. As long as any sever hardware glitches allow me to get a replacement, there is no beating the processors and sAMOLED screens on these puppies.
I would expect developers to look away from future samsung releases unless the hardware is really top notch compared to the rest, but thats just me not willing to give samsung another chance.

Upvote 0
I would expect developers to look away from future samsung releases unless the hardware is really top notch compared to the rest, but thats just me not willing to give samsung another chance.

That is just you. Developers couldnt care less what samsung officially releases. Samsung usually releases their source code giving develops free rain over their software

Upvote 0
Developers couldnt care less what samsung officially releases. Samsung usually releases their source code giving develops free rain over their software

Those two sentences are rather contradictory. ;) Developers care very much about official releases... source code or binaries... as both can be used as pieces in a custom ROM for the improved hardware drivers/support and bugfixes that require inside knowledge.

Obviously the source code is exponentially more-useful, but even binaries can have their benefits and are better than nothing.

Upvote 0
I think they suck because
1) they randomly shut down
2)they don't have a good gps
3)return button has been a known issue
4)Samsung has totally played man behind the curtain with support.
5)still no froyo update after 7 months

I am pretty done with Samsung, I like my phone and love flashing roms and I dont even have any issues with my phone after flashing it, but an average buyer should not have to build their own device. The OP is right Samsung does suck.

I completely agree. ROMs are the only thing that make this phone bearable. If I hadn't rooted and flashed a rom, voiding my warranty, I would probably be on the phone tomorrow sweet talking at&t into letting me get a motorola atrix for the upgrade price.

Upvote 0
I think they suck because
1) they randomly shut down
2)they don't have a good gps
3)return button has been a known issue
4)Samsung has totally played man behind the curtain with support.
5)still no froyo update after 7 months

I am pretty done with Samsung, I like my phone and love flashing roms and I dont even have any issues with my phone after flashing it, but an average buyer should not have to build their own device. The OP is right Samsung does suck.

I don't have any of those problems and I have had one since July 18th last year. I have also had Froyo since October.

D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones