• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Tab 10.1 apps suddenly stop

Hopefully someone can provide some advice. My Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is only about 3 months old. I have been trying to clean up some of the settings to reduce the amount of lag.

Now, several apps just stop a minute or two after opened and it goes back to the home screen.

Does this have to do with the "force stop" button that I may have pushed to reduce number of running apps?

Anyone now of other reasons why applications will suddenly stop running....over and over again?

Thanks

Hopefully someone can provide some advice. My Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is only about 3 months old. I have been trying to clean up some of the settings to reduce the amount of lag.

Now, several apps just stop a minute or two after opened and it goes back to the home screen.

Does this have to do with the "force stop" button that I may have pushed to reduce number of running apps?

Anyone now of other reasons why applications will suddenly stop running....over and over again?

Thanks
Not sure what's going on there. When you 'force stop' an app or service it doesn't usually affect any other apps or services.

As for the number of running apps, don't worry about it. Android is VERY good at managing apps and memory. Just open and close apps normally and let the OS manage it. There is nothing wrong with having 20+ apps sitting in the background since they won't be using any processing time.

If you continue to have issues, perhaps a 'factory reset' is in order. It will reset the tablet back to default settings with the current OS version installed. You will have to re-install your apps, music, videos, google account, etc., but it will correct any settings or system processes you may have messed up inadvertently.

I had to do this recently as I had installed an app that wasn't ready for widespread release and it started to eat my battery with the 'Gallery3D' service. The reset fixed the issue and I easily re-installed all my preferred apps from Google Play, thanks to the 'All' list that shows what I installed previously. I just didn't install that nasty app, and all is good again.
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones