1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung Tab 2 10.1 isn't connecting to my Lynksis router wifi

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by GEKH, Aug 4, 2013.

1. GEKH

GEKH Guest
    None
    Just acquired a Samsung Tab 2 10.1. Trying to connect to WiFi. Ir recognizes my connection, i enter my password, it connects, and says that it is searching for ip address. then it disconnects. I tried to disconnect the router, and the modem, and restarted everything including the tblet, same result. i went to router setting and made sure that it allows more that one connection, all good. it is working under channel 2-2.4 mghz. My laptop connects with no issues. I am thinking my Router is too old, or does not recognise the new tablet. i took it to the store where i purchased it, and we tried connecting to their WiFi, it worked fine. i called my Internet provider, and they informed me that the signal received on my router is fine. Please help, otherwise my last attempt would be to call in a technician. Thank you

Advertisement

2. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Fed
    Hi and welcome to the Android Forums!

It sounds like you've done all the trouble shooting steps properly. The last thing I might suggest is to try to use a different channel on your router and see if it works. I know that sounds weird, but I've seen it work before.

As you said, the next step after that would be to call a tech.

Good luck!

3. Radiance

Radiance Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2013
    Female
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Reset the router entirely (this SHOULDN'T change the password), disconnect everything that's hooked up to it, and then re-add all your devices. Our router constantly has a problem where it starts giving our devices the wrong IP address to use when connecting. It will make some headaches for a bit while it discovers all your stuff again, but this will fix your problem most likely.