1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Tab A 9.7 T555 is not showing Sim Card Signals. Error while searching for network

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Bahria Town Rawalpindi, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Bahria Town Rawalpindi

My Samsung Tab A 9.7 T555 is not showing Sim Card Signals. Error while searching for network. It recognize Sim Card but not able to call or send SMS. Its shows Radio off, Data off. Please any expert guide me to solve this problem.

2. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

It may seem obvious but are you sure it's no in Airplane mode as that turns all the radios off.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Bahria Town Rawalpindi

No it's not in Airplane mode. Tried several times

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Try putting that SIM card into a phone and see if it works there. Perhaps the card itself has failed. If so, contact your carrier and get a replacement.

5. Bahria Town Rawalpindi

Sim cards ok. Inserted different cards all are working on other phone. Phone info also shows all details of cards. Moreover on detaching SIM card Tab also prompts for inserting card and restarts on inserting SIM card.

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Did it ever work properly? Did you install any apps or perform any updates right before this started happening? or did it just lose the signal?

7. Bahria Town Rawalpindi

It was properly working for last 4 years before last week. Yes I installed some Apps like Project Blue Fire.

8. lunatic59

The most likely culprit is one of those apps. Try uninstalling them and reboot the tablet. Another possibility is that the radio has simply failed after 4 years. They do that sometimes.

9. Bahria Town Rawalpindi

I tried uninstalling the App and restarted but no result. How to reboot.

10. lunatic59

restart = reboot. Same thing.

There is the possibility that a factory reset might clear up an issue preventing the radio from working (please make sure you are completely backed up before doing this -- it wipes your data off the tablet) But, if it just happened all of a sudden, I have to think it's more likely to be hardware. That would require a repair which may cost more than simply replacing it.

11. Bahria Town Rawalpindi

Thank you so much for your advice. It is pointed out that the Tab was dropped on the floor 6 months ago but everything was ok till last week. Sim signal was also very low almost 1 bar. Please guide if I factory reset the Tab after restoring backed up data, the present is nugget 7.1.1 will also be restored.

12. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

Yes, it's called Factory DATA reset, it returns the tablet to 'as new' from a software perspective. Note that it won't affect the version of Android currently installed on the tablet.

13. Bahria Town Rawalpindi

Thank you so much my dear for this clarification

14. Bahria Town Rawalpindi

Thank you so much my dear for this clarification