• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Transform ultra All in one Root Mod Guide.

OK I think I've been a little lost here in the forums!! Is this supposed to be a guide for everything root about the TU?? Cause I can't find any of the info I'm looking for!! I believe all my questions pertain to root because I didn't know the options were accessable till I was rooted!!

Anyway I toy with all kinds of settings all the time Like right now my 3g symbol and wifi symbol are at the top of my screen and have been for a while now!! An info app says my apns are screwed up!! I havent been able to access my mobile data(3g lites up and Widgets load but no apps or browser) I'm lucky to have wifi wherever I go usually!!

On to the questions 1. Why does this phone have so many different radio settings including duel GSM/CDMA?? 2.I found a link that promotes simcards for our phones!! I posted it in the megatron forum cause that's the rom I use!! How could that be if it only gets CDMA service?? 3.why does my gsm say its active?? 4.what cool stuff can we do with the dial up settings?? And last for now. With ct mod I had access to the native sprint hotspot and usb tethering!! Now with megatron I don't!! Can I fix that?? I really would like to get my native usb tether at least!! Thanx for the help you guys!!! I like this little phone and I wanna maximize it to its highest potential!!!

Upvote 0
Please Help. I have a TU since they first came out with 2.3.3. I rooted it via ACS OneClickRoot and had it rooted. Great! Added Avast mobile security with root access. All good.

By the way thanks for all the good work you've done!

Then came the update! I updated and figured I'd just go back and root again with the same program. Nada! All files are there, but can't change them. With ACS i get to Blue Flames part then after that it says can't mount and everything fails from there on.

So I tried this method here. Odin CWM onto my phone. Problem is Odin never does any thing. I push start and timer starts and just runs and runs and runs. Odin does see phone, cause is says added and detected and I get a com port. I push start in Odin and it says

Download start....
0 create file
1 startthread detected: 1
2 startthread detected: 0
(3 thru 7 duplicate statement)
8 startthread detected: 0
1 setup connection........
and timer just runs

The phone says
wait for usb_read

I plug it in and press start on Odin
odin: samsung
odin_ack : Mits
wait for usb_read

and nothing i let sit for an hour and a half and still nothing

I say loota video and saw how it went quickly and the green bar moved across the time readout slot. I get no green bar or anything.

I boot into recovery mode and I don't get the option to back up I get Android Sys Recovery with: reboot sys, apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition.

I have uninstalled everything needing root access via manage applications.

I've downloaded the same files several times to make sure no corruption.

I've scoured all things rooted.

Can anyone help? Is there and alternative method to push CWM onto my phone?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Please Help. I have a TU since they first came out with 2.3.3. I rooted it via ACS OneClickRoot and had it rooted. Great! Added Avast mobile security with root access. All good.

By the way thanks for all the good work you've done!

Then came the update! I updated and figured I'd just go back and root again with the same program. Nada! All files are there, but can't change them. With ACS i get to Blue Flames part then after that it says can't mount and everything fails from there on.

So I tried this method here. Odin CWM onto my phone. Problem is Odin never does any thing. I push start and timer starts and just runs and runs and runs. Odin does see phone, cause is says added and detected and I get a com port. I push start in Odin and it says

Download start....
0 create file
1 startthread detected: 1
2 startthread detected: 0
(3 thru 7 duplicate statement)
8 startthread detected: 0
1 setup connection........
and timer just runs

The phone says
wait for usb_read

I plug it in and press start on Odin
odin: samsung
odin_ack : Mits
wait for usb_read

and nothing i let sit for an hour and a half and still nothing

I say loota video and saw how it went quickly and the green bar moved across the time readout slot. I get no green bar or anything.

I boot into recovery mode and I don't get the option to back up I get Android Sys Recovery with: reboot sys, apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition.

I have uninstalled everything needing root access via manage applications.

I've downloaded the same files several times to make sure no corruption.

I've scoured all things rooted.

Can anyone help? Is there and alternative method to push CWM onto my phone?

Thanks
i would recommend switching usb ports. dont use the usb hub but the main port. also make sure you have sdk tools installed and after install go to system--advanced--environment variables and add a path to both sdk.exe and adb.exe. update windows on the microsoft site. reboot phone and pc. odin-uncheck reboot timer and debug only. choose the ops file and the tar file. good luck. remember if it completes you will need to pull battery and boot to recovery to flash root.zip before booting phone normally.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I have win 2k sp4.
I'm in environment variables, but I don't know how to add a path to sdk or adb. I've never used this screen. Should it be in User or System Variable. I see "ComSpec" is "c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe" like a windows shortcut, would it be variable "sdk" value "C:\folder sdk.exe in\sdk.exe" ?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I have win 2k sp4.
I'm in environment variables, but I don't know how to add a path to sdk or adb. I've never used this screen. Should it be in User or System Variable. I see "ComSpec" is "c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe" like a windows shortcut, would it be variable "sdk" value "C:\folder sdk.exe in\sdk.exe" ?
if yoo check in system variables you will see "PATH" click that and click edit. at the end of the one your computer already had type a semicolon, then no space, then your new path. an example woiuld be c:\my documents\androidsdk\sdk.exe;c:\my documents\androidsdk\platformtools\adb.exe

Upvote 0
hello im a noob :( but i could really use sum help...as soon as i put my transform ultra into download mode and plugin the cable i never get the yellow check/box in the top left square of the odin program....my phone asks if i want to push up to install diff os or down to cancel....should i push up 1st then connect the cable? grrrrr sorry im so confused and thank you ahead of time for any help

Upvote 0
so should i wait for the update lol im eager to put the megatron on now but im getting confused again lol and honestly im just looking for performance...and to change the theme layout lmao...im just a natural electronics tweaker ;) luv to see what boundaries can be pushed lol....guess im gonna go ahead and install the latest megat...and im assuming i can update to the nxt version or reflash rom...when its released..also could u please recommend sum cool shit for me haha would be greatly appreciated :)

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply; I work a late shift, and my reply to your question will take more than a minute or two. ;)

I recommend first making a backup of your phone as-is, then flash either CTMod, or the current Megatron, make a backup of that, then flash the other, to see which one you like better. Regardless of which you stick with, you can always flash the Megatron update when it comes out, as it sounds like it will be a full ROM, and not just a patch.

As for goodies, there are plenty of themes for Megatron, including my own Red-n-Black (which I'll be porting to CTMod, as well). I also have flashable baseband updates, and am working on a theming guide if you'd like to try your hand at making your own. :D

Upvote 0
I'm having the same type of issue with "please connect phones !!". I installed the latest driver from samsung's website, but no avail (or yellow light inside odin). Windows makes the sound when i connected my phone. Running win 8 x64. Am able to connect to my phone and browse with no issues inside of windows.

EDIT - Figured it out:

Download the 1.5.16.0 Drivers. If it is an exe, rename it to a .rar. Then, open the file in 7zip or winrar, and extract the files. Once you reboot your device and it shows "downloading": plug in and go back to your computer. You will have to open device manager, and find your phone device that has an exclamation point next to it. Double click it, goto update driver, then browse to the folder where you unrared the packaged and allow it to install the new drivers. Repeat this step twice.

Reactions: xaelith
Upvote 0
i downloaded the tu-root.zip from your link, put it on my sd card, ran odin with the .ops and the .TAR from your links, all good up to one point, when i got back into recovery mode after unplugging the usb (so it wouldnt reboot automatically) triedto run tu_root.zip in recovery mode and it read:
opening update package...
verifying update package....
E: signature verifcation failed
Installation aborted.
E: Cant find misc

im pretty new to all of this...any minor details or help is greatly appreciated...
my transform runs gingerbread.FF27
my carrier is Boost

Bill

Upvote 0
I have a stock Transform Ultra (Boost Mobile), never updated the android OS version, same as brand new phone (2.3.4).
I am unable to root it using the guide here.

As soon as I start the Odin program, the phone screen goes blank after a few seconds, at which time I remove the battery. I wait and wait, the program still looks like its working (timer is counting), port light is yellow.

When I try and boot into the recovery, all I end up with is the original download screen, where I use the up vol to continue. I never see a recovery console, or any option to select a file.

EDIT: I was just informed that I need to hold volume down and power to get the recovery console, however, all that happens is my phone boots normally. I repeated all steps several times and still no recovery console

Can someone please help me get my phone rooted?
I am not interested in custom ROMS, I just want root.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones