• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung transform ultra seems hard bricked

xraymarc

Jun 22, 2013
I rooted my phone successful and then bricked it somehow after flashing megatron rom 6.25. I used cwm and the rom said updated megatron successful and reboot two times. Unfortunately the phone is dead and will not turn on. I can not power up at all no matter what I do. I tried three button combo and download mode---nothing works. If I get a jig will it help if phone does not boot up? What are my options? I never partitioned the SD card so this may have been the cause. Please help! Thank you, Marc

Thanks, PixelAndroid--great catch!

Yeah, Adam Outler's a pretty smart guy :).

Didn't know that this would work on the Transform Ultra (I knew about the Captivate from a while back), but it sounds like if the Ultra meets this criteria, it should work for Marc:

About One-Click UnBrick

This Software:

• Will work on all Samsung devices which use Odin3
  • Is a single, portable executable
  • Is the first one-click anything for our devices on Linux
  • Works on Mac
  • Works on Windows
  • Is open source
  • Is programmed in Java
  • Deploys and installs Heimdall for your OS
  • Is super easy to use.... Only one button!

Best of luck, Marc and I hope this works for you!

Reactions: bsanta30
Upvote 0
yes I did make sure it was for Samsung transform ultra. It says it works for both. I did not partition my sd card though and install link2sd. If you can not power on phone at all or connect to odin etc can you still use this one click. I mean my phone can not power on at all.

Marc,

It may very well be that the un-bricking app will work even though the device appears to be non-functional (it certainly doesn't appear that it would hurt, given the state of things).

I hard-bricked my GNex a long while back (very much appeared dead as a doornail to me) and later learned that there was/is a low-level mode that might still have allowed me to try to access things (probably along the lines of what the un-brick method does).

Let us know how things go--very curious! :)

Upvote 0
Do you know if you need PC to recognize phone?

I'm guessing maybe not, Marc...especially since if you had a true brick that the unbricking method could fix, then the software that your PC communicates with on the device wouldn't be functional anyways.

So, I'm guessing (hoping) that it communicates with the Samsung device in a low-level method that allows the unbricking to succeed.

Upvote 0
I will try tomorrow---thank you.

Well, all credit would go to PixelAndroid and Adam Outler, of course, should this prove helpful.

Best of luck and please let us know!

(I might post in the XDA thread for you and ask if this will work for the Transform Ultra--no promises that anyone will reply, but crossing fingers).

Upvote 0
Hello Marx,

Sorry but it does look as if your phone is bricked, Hard brick is what we call it here over on the Transform ultra side, bricked so many phones including some of our own devs phones that i cant even keep count.
Please explain to me your actions right after rooting the phone? did you use the new CWM from this thread before flashing the rom? this is the only way i could see someone bricking their ultra right now. if you didnt flash this specific recovery. Any recovery versions under that will brick your phone because the ultra didnt use to like it when we flashed kernels, so instead we use to advance restore them until we got the new recovery that can flash kernels.

Upvote 0
Hi there. First off, thanks Chevanlol360, Megatron Rom 6.1 was awesome! I too installed the Megatron 6.25 and everything went great until it asked me to reboot. Upon rebooting it, nothing happened. Same thing, no power at all. I read through the forum and saw nobody else having this issue so I assumed it was something I screwed up on. Any ideas as to where my error may have come and should I assume the phone is toast? Thanks again for your hard work and any help would be great. Thanks

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for your help. I have flashed roms many of times, but never had a problem. It seemed to go well, but then the phone went dark on reboot. If a rom tells you to partition the sdcard and you do not do it when you install link2sd would it make a difference. I followed everything to the letter except that. At this point, I see no fix because the phone seems to be with no power which makes me think a jig will bot work or one click. Can samsung fix without replacing motherboard. Everyone thank you again. It s nice to see you all giving this noobie a brief education.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for your help. I have flashed roms many of times, but never had a problem. It seemed to go well, but then the phone went dark on reboot. If a rom tells you to partition the sdcard and you do not do it when you install link2sd would it make a difference. I followed everything to the letter except that. At this point, I see no fix because the phone seems to be with no power which makes me think a jig will bot work or one click. Can samsung fix without replacing motherboard. Everyone thank you again. It s nice to see you all giving this noobie a brief education.

Usb jig may be your best option @ this point if you don't want to send your device for a trip . I had made a home made usb jig and works excellent w/the TU. You may want to give it a shot !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones