1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Transform Ultra, the problem and the solution!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlkOnyx488, Apr 18, 2012.

1. BlkOnyx488

BlkOnyx488 Lurker

Hi all just wanted to share my story in case anyone else has the problem I had. The other day my Ultra begin actting like it was being plugged and unplugged to the charger, when it was not being charged. I tried the usual methods reboot, take the battery out, I even tried a different battery nothing worked. So out of frustrustion I turned the volume down and ignored it. by the late evening I went back to check on the phone. and the Charger lite was stuck on. It was no longer flashing and the annoying beeping had stopped. I charged it over night, the next day the charger light was blue, when I unplugged it the blue light stayed on. After an Hour it was clear to me that now the phone was thinking the battery was fully charged when it wasn't. I decided to just let the battery run out.

A few hours later the phone was completely dead. When I turned it back on it stayed on long enough to show that it was at 1%.

I plugged it back into the charger at first it didn't appear to be charging so I popped the Battery out and then popped it back in. Once it was fully charged the previous problem had gone away. that was 2 days ago. So far the problem has not returned.

Hopefully this will help someone who has a simular problem with their phone. Or maybe I just got lucky.

SO to sum all this up. If your charger lite keeps flashing on and off, let the battery drain completely then reboot the phone.

aanairai and BLuFeNiX like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BLuFeNiX

BLuFeNiX Well-Known Member

Good information, thanks! You might want to change the title of this thread to indicate that this is a solution to a battery problem. It will make it easier to find. ;)

3. cwgraf71

cwgraf71 Well-Known Member

Good luck, I had the exact same problem. First indicator light and lightning bolt stayed on then the beeping started, the only way to get notifications and kill the beeping was to leave it plugged in. And then finally the phone died no way to turn back on even with usb plugged in. Took it to the repair shop and they said they would look at it but wouldn't repair/replace the usb port. Asurion replaced it but they sent me 3 bad ones before getting this one.

4. hellokitty686

hellokitty686 Lurker

i had the same problem also, it started 3 days after i bought the phone. i had to mail the phone into samsung they claimed to have fixed it but as soon as i got it back and plugged it in it wouldnt charge. my issue was if the phone was on it wont charge, if the phone was off it would start to and the shut off and on untill you take the battery out. so i sent the phone back once again the one i have was working for about a month now but its acting up again but ive found so far that if i take the battery out and let the phone just sit for about a half hr put it back together and charge it it works. but i have a feeling this one wont last much longer either

5. LesB

LesB Member

I had a similar problem to yours awhile back. It was a bad usb cable. Try a different/new cable.

6. CellBlock420

CellBlock420 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I had the same problem with my TU, sent it back to Samsung(at their expense) and viola! Two and a half weeks later my phone was back in hand and haven't had a prob since.

7. jdogrambo

jdogrambo Android Enthusiast

ive had it happend 4 times and it just goes away by its self

8. PH8AL

PH8AL Android Enthusiast

I had this happen. It kept making the chime and the light blinking of and on every 2 sec. It started as soon as I unplugged it from the charger.

I looked in the port to see if dirt or something had got pushed in there last time I plugged it in. The tab in the port was bent down and touching the side of the port and basically making a circuit the phone was reading as a connection. I pulled the battery and used a small screw driver to bend it back up.

No problem since then but I have been taking alot more care un/plugging it.

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews