• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung UI vs Htc Ui

Dan3131

Lurker
Nov 17, 2010
WHat do you prefer, twiz or sense ?

I am trying to find a video who review/compare both

Right now i've seen some really good video showing how the htc sense ui works and it looks great. I am not really shure about the samsung ui .

Can someone explain me what are the + and - for each

Thx

HTC Sense:
Pros-
Very clean, sophisticated look
Tons of nice widgets
Good integration for Facebook/twitter
Cons-
May slow down performance

Touch Wiz:
Pros-
Good amount of widgets
Very smooth in transitions
Task manager with recent apps panel
Cons-
Widgets don't look as clean sophisticated as sense (preference)
Looks similar to iPhone scheme for some (i don't see it but I like I like the app launcher)

This is just to name a few, some good videos out there that really compare the two would be Evo vs Epic videos, I think you'll be able to decide with these types of videos.

Upvote 0
Touchwiz +

Best lockscreen ever in an Android phone. Better than even 3rd party lockscreens.

Best notification bar rendition, with dark grey themes, color markings on icons, and four widgets in the bar. Very convenient.

Edit Homescreens. Lets you switch the order of the homescreens. I love this part.

Side by side swipe of the application screen. Its not as choppy as the up and down scroll of the app screen in other phones.

Keeps more stuff stock, like Contact Shortcuts and the Photo Gallery.

Best damn music player I've seen.

Nice clock widgets

Daily Briefings and Updates

Now for

HTC Sense

7 homescreen pinch - Love this effect

Best widgets, like the weather and the rollodeck clock that is HTC's signature item.

Scenes -- lets you save your custom homescreen, try out different homescreen preset templates, and so on. Big plus here

Streams for Twitter, Facebook, Google News and Google Reader. In some regions, also offers MySpace or Plurk.

Among the best Google news widget that comes with a phone

Aesthetically more appealing, though its HTC's black and white themes vs. Samsung's love of using neon.

While this works only in some apps, HTC Sense has a clever select tool text for cut and paste.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones