1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung UI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johneduardo, Jun 4, 2011.

1. johneduardo

johneduardo Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Cinnaminson, NJ
    I went to a Verizon store to see droid charge I really like the phone. I think I want to finally give up my iPhone for android.. idk.. Anyway I walking in Verizon store and they had a charge on display next to thunderbolt and lg revolution I really like lg revolution ui but I like the charge looks I hate samsung android ui with passion I think it looks like a cheap iPhone interface. Anyway I saw different side of charge that made me one soo bad.. While I was playing I notice that on the bottom of the phone you could add more icons on the dock you could swipe to the side and get apps. Like unlimited docks.. When I open the app tray on the menu also notice that the apps were organized like the apps you would see on a revolution and I was sold at that point just waiting to get paid to switch to verizon and get the charge.. Until today I went to a kiosk where a friend works to try the phone ... I could not get the phone to look like the one I saw in the Verizon store does anyone know how to do that? I want the phone but I hate samsung ui I know that it wasn't root it either. I thinking about going there tomorrow to see what they did to it. Thanks

Advertisement

2. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Sounds like someone put a custom UI over top of TouchWiz? Not sure without exactly seeing it but check out Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher. They're pretty popular and they both have customizable docks among other nice benefits. Maybe it was running one of those two? FYI, these launcher UI's can run on top of unrooted, stock phone interfaces. You don't have to root to use them. Case in point, though I like Sense originally, I got tired of it after a few months and installed Launcher Pro on my Incredible which I ran for a long time. I only recently rooted and I'm currently running ADW. Both are pretty good.

3. Mikey P

Mikey P Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    SALES
    GOOSE CREEK, SC
    Definitely sounds like launcher pro, first thing I did when I got my Charge. Although, I didn't mind the Samsung UI too much, just enough to change it :)

4. johneduardo

johneduardo Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Cinnaminson, NJ
    I going there today to see if they still have the phone in display that looks like that.. Im crossing my fingers because if they do I'll get android if they don't I might stay with iphone. You shall see.. I'll let u know what I find out.

5. johneduardo

johneduardo Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Cinnaminson, NJ
    So I found out what it was it's go lunched ex--- never heard of it before
    Did anyone ever heard of it? Could some download and confirm it?

6. aaronstrong

aaronstrong Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Nebraska
    I purposely go to the Verizon stores and try to change as many UI's as i possibly can haha.

7. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I've heard of it. Not crazy about the design. IMO, ADW or Launcher Pro are better but to each their own. This is a prime example of what makes Android superior as far as I'm concerned. Sense, TouchWiz, ADW, Launcher Pro, etc all seem to have their fan clubs - proof that one size doesn't fit all. Oddly though, the best I've ever heard about Blur is "I don't mind it" - LOL.

8. GunnerJim

GunnerJim Well-Known Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    Tech
    Washington State
  9. sinclac

sinclac Member
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Building Maintenance
    Sacramento, Ca
    I use Go Launcher and like it better then Launcher Pro.

10. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    A lot of it is personal preference. I've been using Go Launcher as well, and like it. I haven't tried the rest very much. That is, I have installed them to get a glimpse, but never left anything other than Go long enough to get into the swing of things. I might soon though, time to get back to changing things up a little, and I might give a bunch of things a go to see what I like and dislike about them all.