• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+

Did you root your phone successfully with this method?

• Total voters
does this still work?

i rooted from froyo. then flashed to gb2.3.4. do i have to reset factory settings? i tried it but doesn't work

If you want to root Froyo then use Superoneclick

If is Gingerbread you flash with the zip file. You don't need factory reset when rooting to Gingerbread. Remeber is designed to work on Stock ROM's only in recovery. CWM Recovery is not supported to flash the zip file. ;)

Upvote 0
Hello there!
I'm new to this community and to Android in specific. I got my Mini s5570B a few weeks ago, and I've read almost everything about android versions, roots and ROMs. Everything I could find, at least.
I never rooted before. Just want to make sure I do it right, cause I've read a few guides online and saw a few youtubes, in all of them the rooting used those programs (oneclick, keis and more) to root. This way seems too simple.
I'm using GT-5570B, GB 2.3.4 build GINGERBREAD.JJKQ5.
All I need to do to is just to download the zip, put it in my SD card's outside of any programs and restart to recovery? That simple?
Thanks for a (hopefully) fast and helpful answer,
Egozy.

Edit, more questions:
1) Do I need to download ANYTHING else before rooting? I've seen in some other places that there is an extra download for google applications which are pretty much a must (market)
2) A bit offtopic but I'm too confused with all those ROMs. I'm interested in CM7 since I understand it's the most lightweight (Fast) and efficient (battery life) ROM out there, but I see so many versions. 7.1, 7.2 and many many modifications of those. Can anybody recommend the simplest (fastest, no extra stuff) rom?

Upvote 0
I flashed Gingerbread 2.3.6 into my Galaxy Mini, but now I am unable to root it. The above procedure doesn't work. When I do it in CWM, it performs some actions, but suddenly comes to a halt with some message, "installation aborted (status 7)...". What possibly could be the problem? Someone, help. :|

He wrote on the first post
"Important: Root and Unroot method is designed to work in recovery mode on Stock ROM's. CWM Recovery is not supported!"
I assume this is why it doesn't work :\

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones