• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung update error

I dont think im in the correct forum? But I keep getting this error message every time I check for updates for the firmware on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge. No it is not with the "WiFi" as many people have problems with? It is when I go to check for firmware update. I do have nougat 7.0 already installed. But I keep trying to check for possible update to 7.1.1 or 7.1.2? But weather or not that update is or is not available for s7 edge? Still I dont think I should be getting this error message when I just "check" for if an update is available?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170823-232549.png
    Screenshot_20170823-232549.png
    359.7 KB · Views: 148
Have you contacted Samsung? They should be able to look at your IMEI and make sure the device is active - if you don't get an operating system update, it will still be important to install the latest security patches. Also, I'll be happy to move your post to the S7 Edge Forum.

Hi! Thank you! And first yes you can move my post to s7 forums. Thank you! And yes I might have to contact Samsung? But I just dont know "yet" if I have to go that rout? Thats why I came on here first. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones