• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Samsung Vibrant Cases

Works on mine. The only difference in ours and the international i9000 is the lack of physical keys on ours (so be careful of ordering screen protectors) and .0something mm in width. As long as you are ordering a case that is somewhat flexible you will have 0 problems. I wouldn't order a snap plastic shell though if your worried. When I say snap plastic shell I'm talking about the ones that are 2 piece and squeeze the crap out of the device. I don't recommend those anyways because they scratch it after prolonged use without cleaning.

Upvote 0
This next case is my most favorite and really makes the phone look unique. It is harder than the TPU style case but still flexible. It snaps on the phone like a hard case but is soft to resist scuffing the chrome. It comes in 4 colors and fits the Vibrant like a glove. Luckily T-Mobile was smart and kept the original design for the most part. This is a Samsung Case:

NEW! Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Case Circle Holes 4 Colors - eBay (item 110558967388 end time Aug-11-10 17:45:28 PDT)

Jag, on this case, can you tell me more about the grip/feel and how much bulk it adds to the phone? One thing I'm hating about the original backcover more than wanting protection against drops is the oily feel it gets after a while and attracting finger prints too easily.

I also like how slim the phone is and prefer not to add more bulk to it.

Upvote 0
Some people on xda don't recommend the screen protectors being sold at T-Mobile. They say it destroys the screen as in making it dull and etc. Just an FYI.

I read this too late!!! I got the screen protector from Tmob and put it on and it DOES suck!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes the screen look pixelated. It is REALLY bad. I can't stand to even look at it with the protector on.

Upvote 0
The t mobile screen protectors kinda suck IMO, as do most of the screen protectors the major service providers sell in the stores. Go to best buy and get ghost armor installed, it's cheaper, better, lasts longer, and you get a free replacement after 30 days. After that it's $5 for a reapplication of it and thats it.

Thank you so much! I hope they'll be open late enough today for me to do that without waiting until tomorrow.

Upvote 0
The t mobile screen protectors kinda suck IMO, as do most of the screen protectors the major service providers sell in the stores. Go to best buy and get ghost armor installed, it's cheaper, better, lasts longer, and you get a free replacement after 30 days. After that it's $5 for a reapplication of it and thats it.
how much is it for the original application?

Upvote 0
Jag, on this case, can you tell me more about the grip/feel and how much bulk it adds to the phone? One thing I'm hating about the original backcover more than wanting protection against drops is the oily feel it gets after a while and attracting finger prints too easily.

I also like how slim the phone is and prefer not to add more bulk to it.

Hey, It might depend on the color you get because I have had two of the same kind of cases before in two different colors and they took fingerprints differently. I have the red one and the only time it gets fingerprints is if I am eating french fries or something. Other than that its pretty finger print free. The cover adds very little bulk for a cover. Its more thin than most all of the covers I have had in the past. I change phones pretty much every time a new one comes out so I have had a ton. Here is another link that shows more detail from every angle. The grip is awesome as the holes add extra. Also I am buying the Full Body Invisible Shield from Zapp. That way when I'm changing cases or feel like going without one I am still covered.
Take out the spaces below

http:// cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Samsung-Galaxy-S-I9000-Case-Circle-Holes-4-Colors-/110558967388?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item19bdd3f65c#ht_5755wt_1137

Upvote 0

Hey Nick,

I thought Ghost Armor wasn't making one for the Vibrant Yet...? I do like the look and feel of Ghost Armor a little more than the Zapp InvisibleShield. There are benefits of each and Best Buy sells both. If you go to Ghost Armor's website it doesn't show one listed for the Vibrant. The Invisibleshield is a lot more rugged and has a lifetime warranty with free replacements. Its actually simple to get a new one for free. You just log in and hit the replacement button. No questions asked but they do want you to mail them the old one back just to keep theft down I guess and they say its for environment friendliness. If you have a facebook, you can add them and look on there, people are giving up there 50% off coupon codes everyday. I got a full body extreme shipped for $15 yesterday. Pretty sweet deal. The Ghost Armor is more smooth looking compared to the InvisibleShield (which has orange peel look "much more rugged though"), and is smoother when scrolling. Way I figure is if you are free balling it with no cover then the Zapp InvisibleShield is definitely the way to go. If you plan on having a cover on all the time then the Ghost Armor would be the best bet.

Upvote 0
Okay,

I have read a ton of posts of people hating InvisibleShields from Zagg so let me clarify what you are getting before you spend the money. The Zagg InvisibleShield is a rubber like product. It is not a static cling like plastic screen that overlays on your screen like the ones you get on ebay. Those actually feel better to the touch and your finger glides easily over them like glass. This is not the case with the InvisibleShields. They are rubbery so they can make turns and go over corners. When you pull them off they fold over on each other. The ones you buy on ebay cannont make a turn and if you bend them they crease. So a bunch of people hate the InvisibleShield claiming it ruins the feel of the phone. Well the rubbery like material makes the phone easier to grip. If you have the money to blow I would recommend getting the InvisibleShield just for the back and sides and getting a normal screen protector for the screen. That way you get the best of both worlds. You get the grippy textured protection on the back and sides, and the smooth as glass slippery protection up front. Hope this helps

Reactions: burn-n-daylight
Upvote 0
Hey Nick,

I thought Ghost Armor wasn't making one for the Vibrant Yet...? I do like the look and feel of Ghost Armor a little more than the Zapp InvisibleShield. There are benefits of each and Best Buy sells both. If you go to Ghost Armor's website it doesn't show one listed for the Vibrant. The Invisibleshield is a lot more rugged and has a lifetime warranty with free replacements. Its actually simple to get a new one for free. You just log in and hit the replacement button. No questions asked but they do want you to mail them the old one back just to keep theft down I guess and they say its for environment friendliness. If you have a facebook, you can add them and look on there, people are giving up there 50% off coupon codes everyday. I got a full body extreme shipped for $15 yesterday. Pretty sweet deal. The Ghost Armor is more smooth looking compared to the InvisibleShield (which has orange peel look "much more rugged though"), and is smoother when scrolling. Way I figure is if you are free balling it with no cover then the Zapp InvisibleShield is definitely the way to go. If you plan on having a cover on all the time then the Ghost Armor would be the best bet.

Correct ghost armor did not come out with one specifically for the vibrant yet but I spoke with the best buy employee that custom cut mine and he said they will have them in a week or two.

Upvote 0
YAY! Body Glove is making a case for this! They make the best case, hands down. Very durable and protective with a nice heavy, grippy feel to it. If you want to protect your phone, get this when it comes available.

Flex/Chrome Snap-On for Samsung Vibrant - Body Glove Mobile Accessories

Damn, pictures would be nice. Sadly as far as protecting the original outer shell from getting nicked it's too late for me. Dropped the phone over the weekend and there's a bit of scratch and chip on each corner. Not really a big deal for me as I don't expect it to stay perfect for long anyways. The one thing I'd really dislike is the feel of the back cover and it's fingerprint magnet tendencies.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I was pretty disgruntled that I got a spare back but case with my $200++ smartphone. WTH?

Fortunately, my daughter never uses the case to her G1, and it fits perfectly.

I am extremely pleased with purchases I've made from Seidio in the past, so I'm almost certainly going to order an extended battery and a case that will hold the Vibrant with it's new battery/back from them.

Upvote 0
Okay,

I have read a ton of posts of people hating InvisibleShields from Zagg so let me clarify what you are getting before you spend the money. The Zagg InvisibleShield is a rubber like product. It is not a static cling like plastic screen that overlays on your screen like the ones you get on ebay. Those actually feel better to the touch and your finger glides easily over them like glass. This is not the case with the InvisibleShields. They are rubbery so they can make turns and go over corners. When you pull them off they fold over on each other. The ones you buy on ebay cannont make a turn and if you bend them they crease. So a bunch of people hate the InvisibleShield claiming it ruins the feel of the phone. Well the rubbery like material makes the phone easier to grip. If you have the money to blow I would recommend getting the InvisibleShield just for the back and sides and getting a normal screen protector for the screen. That way you get the best of both worlds. You get the grippy textured protection on the back and sides, and the smooth as glass slippery protection up front. Hope this helps

Why would you protect the back on this phone? It's just a plastic cover. The cost of InvisibleShield for the back probably costs as much as a replacement cover while offering no increased protection of the internals. I could understand a metal or irreplaceable backing, but not the plastic cover on the Vibrant.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones