• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung vibrant doesn't connect to PC

Neither T-Mobile nor Samsung could fix it either. In my case it was a hardware problem. Phone was sent back to Samsung for replacement.

Quaker, did your phone ever connect to your desktop or did it one day refuse to connect?

That's my problem; it just stopped. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers on my PC, used debugging on and off, nothing happens.

All I can think of is getting a USB adapter and doing a wireless tether -- not even sure if that will work.

Upvote 0
Quaker, did your phone ever connect to your desktop or did it one day refuse to connect?

That's my problem; it just stopped. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers on my PC, used debugging on and off, nothing happens.

All I can think of is getting a USB adapter and doing a wireless tether -- not even sure if that will work.
It connected initially, then at some point it stopped working -- probably after 2-3 months. I would connect the USB, and hear the little 'ding', but never get the prompt to mount the phone, or the pop-up in Windows. I was living with it, thinking maybe I would get it to work once I took the time to figure it what setting was wrong. Then the Froyo update came out and I was finally really compelled to figure out what was wrong. After an hour of trying everything, and another 45 minutes on the phone with Samsung, they confirmed that it was not me -- it was the phone!

Upvote 0
It connected initially, then at some point it stopped working -- probably after 2-3 months. I would connect the USB, and hear the little 'ding', but never get the prompt to mount the phone, or the pop-up in Windows. I was living with it, thinking maybe I would get it to work once I took the time to figure it what setting was wrong. Then the Froyo update came out and I was finally really compelled to figure out what was wrong. After an hour of trying everything, and another 45 minutes on the phone with Samsung, they confirmed that it was not me -- it was the phone!

Hmm. Guess I'll have to try the tech support route. It was after the Froyo update that mine quit.
Thx for the info!

Upvote 0
I just scrapped everything everyone told me, turned off the debugging, turned my phone off, then on again. Then I went to Settings -> About Phone -> USB Settings -> Mass Storage, then I went back to the home page, and then plugged in my USB cord and TA DA! After an hour of following everyones crappy advice, it worked.
that is true it worked it worked you go file/settings/applications/usb settings/mass storage then plug in and it worked

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones