• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Vibrant Mic Modulation

steadydon

Lurker
Aug 28, 2010
Recorded some video at a concert last night and the video came out ok but the audio was way over modulated. Even when I am in a quiet setting and have the phone close to my mouth and try recording video and talk in a normal to somewhat loud voice the modulation is still over modulated. I can't seem to find any way to adjust the audio record level or mic level. Am I missing something? Does anyone else have this issue? Tried the same quiet setting and talked loud into my Blackberry 9700 and no over modulation issue. When talking on the phone with someone they say I sound fine, so what's up? Help Please!!!! If you have this type of phone and have recorded video and have no problem with the quality of the sound please let me know in case i need to have mine replaced. Thanks.

I don't know if its the same problem but my Samsung Galaxy S records audio with very bad quality at loud exteriors.

I haven't managed to produce a good quality one, i have tried at concerts twice and at an exterior setting with people talking lud. Every now and then audio seems oversaturated and the audio plays distorted like when loudspeakers distort at high volume. It does not happen when playing videos from internet (though the speaker volume is very weak compared to other devices :mad:)

As you said, audio during calls doesnt seem to be a problem. Neither when recording audio at quiet environments.

Any guess from any of the other users? :thinking:

BTW i have outofthebox android 2.1 and the app used is the standard camera app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones