1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung WiFi Speed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by samaruf, Jan 22, 2011.

1. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hello fellow Moment users,

I'm noticing something odd with the WiFi speed on my Moment. Using my netbook, I get 20 Mbps on the speed test at PC Pitstop Bandwidth Speed Test. If I check the speed using ookla speedtest on the moment, from the same location it's barely 800 Kbps. I wonder why there is so much discrepancy. My router is a Netgear WNR3500 b/g/n running 145 MBPS dual mode.

Advertisement

2. kahale

kahale Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Maybe a compatibility problem with moment wifi drivers and router? Try reset router and modem then battery reset moment. Test again.

3. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I tried resetting modem, router, moment and yet the wifi speed in the Moment hovers around 750-850 kbps. I was hoping there was a tweak somewhere in the Moment's system files(rooted phone) that I could set just like tweaking TCPIP in Windows registry.

4. kahale

kahale Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    tha'ts beyond me. i had trouble with my laptop wifi drivers and my router which was a 2wire dsl modem/router. i had to change to a older driver to get the rated speeds i should be getting. i was getting 1mb down when i should be getting 3mb.

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.