• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung will never again see me pay for one of their phones

I spoke to O2 on friday about my crappy time with the galaxy,and said i wanted another android phone ,that they dont have! Push came to shove and i was realesed from my 18 month contract with no charges!!:D

I sugest you guys give it a go,they realy didnt put up much of a fight as they are in the wrong!;)

Good luck.

Upvote 0
I spoke to O2 on friday about my crappy time with the galaxy,and said i wanted another android phone ,that they dont have! Push came to shove and i was realesed from my 18 month contract with no charges!!:D

I sugest you guys give it a go,they realy didnt put up much of a fight as they are in the wrong!;)

Good luck.

If they refunded me the phone cost I'd be happier though, and then I could go and get something else.

Upvote 0
as the days go by, and more rumors and stories flow

i get closer and closer to giving up on samsung products all together

its unfortunate but if they refuse to support me after spending my money on their product

im gone, i mean an android phone not getting updates ... kind of defeats the point of android doesnt it

my 2c

RellikZephyr

Upvote 0
Looks like we were all beta testers for samsung. Everything would be fine, except that we pay full price for the phone (price was the same for fully functional htc hero in our country). And now when they found out about glitches in galaxy they will make new phones with latest updates and forgot about us.
Bottom line is...this was last product I have bought from samsung (I was thinking about buying their lcd tv, but fu.. them), because their customer support is so unprofessional and ignorant, that it just makes me sick.

Upvote 0
Oh FFS. All other phones have problems, several are major ones. Do you think HTC or Motorola are perfect?

Yeah Samsungs customer support could be (much) better, but lets not forget HTC haven't released Android 2.0 yet either, only the Motorola Droid has that right now (officially).

What if Samsung release 2.0 on Jan 1st, and HTC don't get theirs released until March? Will everyone still be saying how crap samsung are and how wonderful HTC are? Fact is we don't know yet because Samsung haven't confirmed (or denied) anything. I'm still hopeful of getting 2.0 early in the new year. If we don't then I too will be ranting and refusing to buy a Samsung phone again... until then I'll just wait and see.

Upvote 0
Oh FFS. All other phones have problems, several are major ones. Do you think HTC or Motorola are perfect?

Yeah Samsungs customer support could be (much) better, but lets not forget HTC haven't released Android 2.0 yet either, only the Motorola Droid has that right now (officially).

What if Samsung release 2.0 on Jan 1st, and HTC don't get theirs released until March? Will everyone still be saying how crap samsung are and how wonderful HTC are? Fact is we don't know yet because Samsung haven't confirmed (or denied) anything. I'm still hopeful of getting 2.0 early in the new year. If we don't then I too will be ranting and refusing to buy a Samsung phone again... until then I'll just wait and see.

Sent: 09 December 2009 09:00
To: x
Subject: RE: Your Samsung Galaxy

Hi x
Sorry for the delay, but I was waiting for a definitive reply from our Head of Devices Demand, who has been liaising with Samsung UK on your behalf and he

Upvote 0

I really doubt samsung will release 2.0 or even 2.1 for galaxy. Our only hope is that, when samsung releases new phones with android 2.0+, someone will (unofficialy) port that version for galaxy.
And don't forget there is not just problem in android versions. Most of us can't even officially update firmware. So if there werent samo great guys who makes this possible for us, we would be still stuck with default firmware, on which phone was pretty much useless.

Upvote 0
More rumour, what does that prove?

It proves Samsung don't give a **** about those that already bought their product.

If you ask me, Google is also very much to blame for very poor backward compatibility, unseen before. Releasing app that's not working on OS released few months ago (google maps, google goggles, .... not working on 1.5 that came in July).

Upvote 0
Why not? NPS works fine for updating... granted it doesn't work for anything else, but updating works.
Well things like the complete silence on the broken 3D (their bad) and their not fixing it at all (or saying anything about it) doesn't bode well.
Along with all the other crap the owners of the phone know all too well.

Upvote 0
i bought an unlocked phone that doesn't have csc; hence i can't update with nps

Me neither, and quite frankly I think that is out of order especially after waiting 4 months for the thing to come out. Fair enough all phones have bugs, but they shipped the phone with software in the box which doesn't work at all and have provided no means to even backup any of my content. :mad::mad:

The HTC Hero still being on 1.5 isn't an argument as HTC have announced that they are working on the update, and when it arrives it will be a simple thing to do.

Samsung have a lot to learn about customer relations - and ultimately this will cost them as I will be taking my business elsewhere, and all the people who have been eyeing my phone have been recommended to go elsewhere.

Upvote 0
The HTC Hero still being on 1.5 isn't an argument as HTC have announced that they are working on the update, and when it arrives it will be a simple thing to do.

Yes, but my argument is that Samsung may also be working on the update, they just havent announced it.

Why criticise Samsung for not bringing out a 2.0 update when no other manufacturers (apart from the Droid which shipped with it) have yet either? Wait and criticise them for that next year ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, but my argument is that Samsung may also be working on the update, they just havent announced it.

Why criticise Samsung for not bringing out a 2.0 update when no other manufacturers (apart from the Droid which shipped with it) have yet either? Wait and criticise them for that next year ;)

read this again:
is Drakaz giving up? - Android Forums

meaning that drakaz, kam and other would already have working 2.0 if they had the sources, which in other words mean that Samsung is not working on update.

They're just not used to allocate anyone in r&d to provide new features for existing phones, they're just slowly fixing bugs.

Upvote 0
read this again:
is Drakaz giving up? - Android Forums

meaning that drakaz, kam and other would already have working 2.0 if they had the sources, which in other words mean that Samsung is not working on update.

I don't understand what you're getting at? Does that change anything I said? There are no 2.0 sources available from Samsung yet, but that doesn't mean they're not working on it. They may be, they may not be.

Upvote 0
Sent: 09 December 2009 09:00
To: x
Subject: RE: Your Samsung Galaxy

Hi x
Sorry for the delay, but I was waiting for a definitive reply from our Head of Devices Demand, who has been liaising with Samsung UK on your behalf and he’s mailed me the following this morning:
‘The current position is as follows:
Samsung HQ are currently not supporting a migration path to upgrade Galaxy to Android 2.0. Samsung UK continue to push for this but confidence on the change is low as Samsung HQ will be launching new devices on Android 2.0 in Q1.

I’m sorry that it is not a more positive story.’
I understand this isn’t the answer you were looking for, but I hope it explains Samsung’s position on the issue.
Kind regards

Customer Relations Team
Tel – 0845 3300684
Fax - 01133881153
O2
www.o2.co.uk

i sent them some of my thoughts after seeing this and have now received a response:

me said:
(This mail is about the GT-I7500 (Galaxy), but since it's still not listed here, i selected the GT-I8000 for the model)

I've just seen a message from you to another customer, which made me want to write this; i quote:

'Samsung HQ are currently not supporting a migration path to upgrade Galaxy to Android 2.0. Samsung UK continue to push for this but confidence on the change is low as Samsung HQ will be launching new devices on Android 2.0 in Q1.'

I hope you have pointed out to Samsung HQ that people will not be buying any new Samsung devices, regardless of what version of Android they ship with, seeing as how a device that came on the market as the flagship mere months ago has no support to speak of today.

I've seen numerous people curse the day they bought their Galaxy and trade it in for an HTC device. This isn't to be interpreted as the Galaxy being a bad device; all of those people have said the hardware is top notch.
The problem is that after releasing the Galaxy, Samsung has started to pretend it doesn't even exist (why isn't it on the model list on this page?)
The problem is that you can buy a new modern mobile phone for a lot of money and get absolutely no support for it.

By not upgrading the Galaxy's firmware to new versions of Android, you are making sure that nobody will want to buy an otherwise brilliant device. As well as deterring people from buying your future devices, for the fear that they won't be supported either.

them said:
Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

[Solution]
Customer ref: 2103665529
Thank you for emailing Samsung Electronics UK regarding Galaxy handset.
We have forwarded your comments to our UK <(>&<)> Korean head offices so
that this matter can be raised with them again.
In reply to your issue with support,if you need help with any feature
of the handset please ask us and we will do our best to assist you.
We hope this is helpful.

------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this has been of some assistance to you. If you do have any
further queries, pleasedo not hesitate to contact us quoting your 210-
reference number.

Kind Regards
Stuart

Samsung Electronics UK
Customer Communication Centre
Tel.: 0845 726 7864 (All calls charged at Local Rate)
Homepage: SAMSUNG United Kingdom - Main

[Product] GT-I7500

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones