1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Z-Flip doesn't connect to MobileTrand/Dr.Fone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Magicj1, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Magicj1

Magicj1 Lurker

I got the Z-Flip in March and at that time I was able to transfer WhatsApp, SMS, contacts etc. from my iPhone Xs to the Z-Flip, using Dr. Fone. I haven't used the Z-Flip since then because there was no belt holster available and I kept on using the iPhone. Meanwhile I was able to find a belt holster which arrived 2 weeks ago and so I decided to update the data on the Z-Flip. There was also an Android-update. However, since these updates, Dr. Fone doesn't connect to the Z-Flip anymore. It recognizes it but the bar gets stuck at approx 75%. The same thing happens when I use MobileTrans (which I think is the same program just different design).
    Once or twice I read the note on the phone "connector app needs to be updated" but when I clicked on "update", nothing happened.
    Does anyone had/have the same issue and -most important- a solution for the problem ?
    Thank you

2. Magicj1

Magicj1 Lurker

Thank you for your reply. I don’t even get that far. Dr.Fone/MobileTrans don’t connect the Z-Flip....so the options what to transfer are greyed out. The iPhone XS is connecting within seconds.

3. Magicj1

Magicj1 Lurker

Thank you very much for your reply and apologies for my initial posting which is -as I see it now- incomplete. I am using iMac Pro with Catalina and it used to work before the Android update. The connector-message pops up on my Samsung Z Flip but not every time. Just recently my wife bought a Huawei P30 Pro and she switched from Samsung Note 10+. I used my iMac Pro and Dr.Fone for copying her data between those 2 phones and it worked just fine. That tells me the problem must be the Z Flip.

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip release date was February 14th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 855+ processor, and 3300mAh battery.

February 14th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews