• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
If you believe the rumors that the Samsung Galaxy S2 will feature the dual-core Orion processor, we are sad to say but it’s just not true. Well, not true at least in the sense of the name the processor will bear. The chip we expect to see in the Galaxy S2 will officially be known [...]

More...

I'd like to know what this Mali-400 GPU is capable of as it was used with orion, they say upto 5x the performance of their previous products, if they are refering to the Galaxy S then it's going to be a monster.

The PowerVR GSX540 is only a little slower than tegra 2, 5x faster would blow tegra 2 away! :D

Upvote 0
Yea....then when the Tegra 3 and 4 comes out....lol Its a never ending cycle. But I'm not sold on Tegra 2 yet just for battery life.

I might actually skip Tegra 2 phones and wait for the next round of dual core chips.

Yes but this cycle usually takes 6 months to a year, phones with orion could be out end of March/April, basically the same time tegra 2 phones are being launched.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones