1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung's ChatON messaging service! Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theretroandroid, Aug 29, 2011.

1. theretroandroid

heshanj likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

interesting! does it do anything that whatsapp cant, though?

3. theretroandroid

Its pretty much the same as whatsapp. But whatsapp is free only for a year after which you have to pay around 2$ if Im not wrong. I know its not a lot but a lot of users will be reluctant to do so and thats where ChatON is going to capitalize i think!

4. VicMatson

VicMatson Newbie

It's out now, but!

Virgin Mobile won't send machine texts, so it's imposable to Varify! DAM, Dam, Dam!

5. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

going to wait n see if bbm does come to android as then i can chat to friends who have bbm

6. Sixel

Sixel Well-Known Member

I can't seem to register, I filled in the Verification code and Nme but I can't press "Done".

7. legaltender

legaltender Newbie

It's working now....it wasn't sending the code last night but I tried this morning and it worked.

8. VicMatson

VicMatson Newbie

To bad it doesn't work on Virgin mobile, maybe they will do a workaround or let if happen when the PC version comes out.

9. VicMatson

VicMatson Newbie

Will whatsapp do voice IM like Tiki? It's hard to tell from the Market page.

10. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

I have an ATT Note3...

I am currently using the ATT messaging service. because it has an online login, so that I can work from my laptop and respond to text. and keep incoming call info.

there are 2 issues:
    it it does NOT sync with google contacts.. so it does not give names and photos like Google Voice does.
    it also does not light up the LED.. when a message comes in.

I was wondering if ChatOn could work for me.
    does Chaton only communicate with other Chaton members only? can I receive and send SMS to NON-members?
    does it handle pictures and other attachments?
    can it not missed calls and voice messages?

thanks for the help. :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews