• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SamsungUSA: Release still 'weeks' away

neags23

Jul 27, 2010
SamsungUSA twitter account, in response to "Is the epic going to be released before the end of august? Cant wait much longer": "We don't have a final date but we know it's a matter of weeks :)"

(source: Samsung USA (Samsungtweets) on Twitter)

If 'weeks' is at least 2, that blows an Aug 11th, and Aug 20th release out of the water, and seriously endangers an August release at all.

That's extremely disappointing, especially since I was hoping to switch from my Evo to the Epic in time for my 30 day trial.

Summer ends what, September 21? So we're almost guaranteed a release by then! =P Assuming they stick to their "By the end of the summer" statement.

But yeah, I saw this coming. Now we get to go back to all of those people who bet the farm on what....11th? 5th/6th for preorders?......and just giggle at them uncontrollably. :p

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm pretty well spent at this point. I fully plan on checking out the Droid 2 on release date. If it tickles my fancy enough I might not be worrying about the Epic anymore.

Im thinking of going to t-mobile for the vibrant, my current phone isn't falling to $hit anymore, its just done. I need a new phone. If Sprint were to just give us a solid release date i would be ok because I would know. No info, kinda difficult to stay interested..

Upvote 0
Im thinking of going to t-mobile for the vibrant, my current phone isn't falling to $hit anymore, its just done. I need a new phone. If Sprint were to just give us a solid release date i would be ok because I would know. No info, kinda difficult to stay interested..

I don't blame you a bit. If there was decent Tmobile service in my area I would have probably already done the same. I would really like a phone with a flash, and front facing cam would be nice as well. I guess I'm too picky.

Upvote 0
The bottom line is that Sprint has the cheapest monthly service plans for power data users. That is the only reason that I am putting up with this bullsh*t!!! The EVO was a complete nightmare of an experience for me. And now I have been waiting for the EPIC without any clue when it will be available! I'm tired...

Upvote 0
What nightmares did you have? I just got my EVO today (was supposed to be my toy to help me hold off until the Epic came out, but might now become my new phone). So far, I love it, it's installing Froyo right now.

Well, I hope you have a better experience than I did. I picked one up on release day only to find out the front-facing camera didn't work. I then had to wait three painful weeks to get a replacement. Then EVO #2 bricked with the infamous OTA update that got a lot of people. I only had EVO #2 for one week when that happened. Then I went back on the waiting list for EVO #3. I finally got fed up of waiting and said enough is enough. I've been waiting for the EPIC ever since.

Upvote 0
I decided a week ago that I was tired of the wait. I have been following this phone for about three months now and once it was released on two other carriers I thought we only had days before A Sprint announcement, but once again they do not capitalize on the hype. They are allowing big red and the Droid 2 release to steal the show. Unfortunately, I now have exchanged one frustration for another...I can't find an EVO! :thinking:

To make matters worse, I already ported my wife and son over to Sprint and I am still on Verizon. I'm paying out the A$$ for one line and my Droid is getting outdated quickly with all of these releases. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones