1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor for non-Samsung Android 2.2 phones?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by libove, Feb 5, 2011.

1. libove

libove Lurker

I love the ProgramMonitor widget which is installed by default on the main home page of my Samsung Galaxy Tab, and want to have that same widget on another (non-Samsung) phone - an HTC Wildfire also running Android 2.2.

First, to check my assumption: This SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor is the widget on the Galaxy Tab's home page which shows the number of Active Applications, a green/ yellow/ ride color fader showing the amount of battery presently being consumed, and when I tap on the widget it gives me the list of active *Applications* (not processes, not threads, not system stuff - just the applications) and lets me trivially kill those which I don't need to continue running right now. Every other task manager I've tried munges in lots and lots and lots of system and background tasks, which makes it quite hard to find the applications which *I* started and want to kill.

I found the SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk file on my Galaxy Tab, copied it to my HTC Wildfire, and tried to install it, but the package manager on the Wildfire complained (without any details) that the installation failed.

(I also found something called JobManager and tried it on the Wildfire, to the same failed effect).

Are either of these the right .apk for this great little Galaxy Tab home screen widget?
    Is there something more that is needed to allow that to install on my HTC Wildfire?

Can I get the Galaxy Tab program monitor widget from somewhere else? (I'd be perfectly happy to buy it from whoever actually wrote it).

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews