1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samusng galaxy S vs the moto. defy

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by anwernizami, Apr 11, 2011.

1. anwernizami

anwernizami Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Hey every1,

I am about to buy a new phone for me(and dat will surely be an andro), but i was really confused about dese 2 phones d galaxy sl and mototrola defy,both phones r really good as of their prices. the galaxy s has a superior processing speed with a 1 ghz processor but it lacks the led flash which i think is the only drawback of the phone,the defy on the other hand has a flash but it lacks 720p video recording and with d motoblur interface is a bit sluggish. both phones are in my budget ,so plz help me as to which shuld i get, and if dere's ne other phone which is better than dese two, thks

Advertisement

2. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    The Samsung is a far superior device. I would count on it being technologically relevant for way longer than the Defy. I assume you're on Tmobile and may want to wait a couple of weeks for the LG GX2, which is the first dual core awesomeness to reach TMo.

anwernizami likes this.
  3. Drhyde

Drhyde Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    Kitchen prep...in hell...
    Kokomo, Indiana
    The Galaxy does have better overall stock specs. However, if you're willing to root the phone (using Visionary makes it a one-click ordeal), the Defy can match, if not exceed the Galaxy S. There are also hacks out there that give the Defy 720p. Plus the GPU in the Defy is only slightly weaker than the Galaxy S. Choose the Galaxy S if you want something good out of the box and willing to pay more. Choose the Defy if you're willing to tinker with it and pay less.

anwernizami likes this.
  4. rusty4ever

rusty4ever Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Well it depends on you. if you are considering out of the box features then defy built quality is superior, ram is 512 vs 478 of galaxy sl which would compensate processing power of 200mhz, so galaxy sl is not "by far superior" phone than defy. you can sacrifice better build quality, flash, pocket friendliness and get galaxy sl for better and a bit large display, 720p recording. both have same powervr 530 gpu
    note that defy can run at 1ghz and looks more promising if you are looking for custom roms/flashing etc

anwernizami likes this.
  5. Tslide91

Tslide91 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Northeast u.s.
    720p recorded from a phone will only look good on your phone, for the most part. Dont buy a phone because of a camera.

anwernizami likes this.
  6. anwernizami

anwernizami Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    hey thnks ever1, actually im an app. And game fanatic, so i which 1 would be better at gaming and performance, and i saw dese phones at a store, d defy was not performing up to d mark and seemed quite slow and sluggish while scrolling and gaming acrding 2 its ram but galaxy was quite impressive, but its relatively poor build quality and no flash makes me even more confused, is dere ne other fone in dis range which covers up d demerits of both d fones?

7. anwernizami

anwernizami Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    hey thnks man, ya i saw d soft. 4 hd vid. Rec. In defy, but actly i think motorola is nt quite keen to update to 2.3, and is d defy upgradable to 3.0? But it doesnt hv a sec. Cam also ,

8. Drhyde

None

Dec 23, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    The big thing isn't whether Motorola will support it, but whether XDA will. If the rooting developers are willing to give it Gingerbread or Ice Cream, then it will have it. I have no doubt that the phone has the specs to pull it off.

9. anwernizami

anwernizami Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    so u think defy is better than galaxy sl??? should i go for that???? or can u suggest a phone better tha ndese two in this range???

10. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Galaxy SL is a better phone than the Defy. It is also more expensive.
    A better phone in this price range is the SE Neo.

anwernizami likes this.
  11. Drhyde

None

Dec 23, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Question is, who is your cell phone provider? That would give me a better idea of what phones you can work with.

anwernizami likes this.
  12. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011

Have you seen the picture quality the samsung phones started churning out starting with the original behold? The pics I have taken still look good when I am looking at them on my 34in TV.

anwernizami likes this.
  13. anwernizami

anwernizami Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    actually here we dont have contract based buying so u have to buy a phone from d retail shop and use ur own sim from ur service provider,

14. anwernizami

anwernizami Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Samusung does have a gud camera but with d galaxy sl u dont have d flash which makes it a big drwback,when ur paying this much u obviusly hope to get a decent cam. with a flash,as in the nokia models(c7,n8),nokia has dis advantage but d symbian is not d way to go now so we have no choice...

15. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    True the no flash is hurting, but if you take advantage of all the settings and your lighting you may not need it

16. anwernizami

anwernizami Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    well i cant give up d flash and d built quality of the galaxy is also not up to d mark,but its better on specs and performance,ahhh really confusing mannn...........