1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

San Diego rooter sought!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Transittrouble, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Transittrouble

Rather simple. I got a Virgin Evo V 4g, I want it rooted. Seeking to get everything done for me with some support if I mess things up down the road.

"In & out" plus 10 bucks, I'm in Chula Vista work in Downtown. PM me to schedule a time.

Also seeking to root my Nexus 7, +10 bucks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davidmargolin

davidmargolin Android Expert

this isn't a business...
    but may i recommend you diy...
    some very nice people put together very simple and detailed guides that can make rooting a snap...
    simply check out the stickys above for everything you need to root your evo v...

edit: direct link ----> http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...ing-evo-v-4g-roms-kernels-using-fastboot.html

3. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

I wish I lived in your area...

4. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

You'd be rollin in the cash.

5. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Android Expert

????!!!???

6. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Android Expert

Lol $10 I'm not poor........ You could probably get your neighbors kid to do it for $5 :p

7. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

I offer to do it but you have to pay for my flight from and to where you live plus hotel and any other expenses(which includes but not limited to food, rental car, clothes shopping, strip club money, etc) I need while I'm in the area under your services.

8. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

What you posted.

What you meant. ;)

9. zaius42

zaius42 Member

I think 10 dollars is a fair price considering how easy it is. If it is too hard perhaps you might want to look into this phone

10. Raul720

Raul720 Member

You live close to Chad Goodman, I believe. You could find him and he would be able to hook you up with the best kernel for the phone. ;)

11. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

You really need to do this for yourself, it takes longer to read about what you need to do than it takes to actually get it done. Also in your post you're looking for support in case you need help down the line, after you have read and done everything to the phone on your own you'll be in great shape to handle any issues that might pop up in the future. :thumbup: I really think that you'll have much greater satisfaction and understanding by doing it yourself and there are plenty of us here ready to help you anytime, day or night. Good luck. OB :D

Brian706 likes this.
  12. dastin1015

dastin1015 Lurker

I live in Chula Vista. Walking distance to the Otay Ranch Mall. I'd be happy to help and give you any advice and info you need. I'm the same dastin1015 from xda

13. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It is ALWAYS recommended that you rppt your own device.

Without the knowledge gained through rooting it, you are completely in the dark when something goes wrong.

And something will almost always go wrong at some point :)

The nexus 7 is a joke its so easy to root. I'd start with that.
    Its as easy as downloading a few files and typing fast boot OEM unlock into your command on the computer

14. youngSWi

youngSWi Well-Known Member

I rooted my unlocked/rooted/and installed CWM on my nexus in 5 minutes with the tool. :)

15. Ted Roo

Ted Roo Newbie

Follow the DIY advice. You will not regret it. You will enjoy the process and learning, gain satisfaction and confidence, and you'll be all set to change things around to what you want. IMHO your phone is more at risk with it rooted and you not knowing the ins and outs than the risk it is in from you rooting it with the awesome help of the forum.

I am a n00b to android, just got my phone, but I have been working with users of technology for many years, and I can say problems arise from a lack of understanding way more than they do from root/admin access, lacking skills or intelligence, or hardware failures. It's like 1000:1.

I say go for it! Just backup what you can first and ask first if in doubt. And, of course, don't take advice from n00bs with drunken droid avatars!

Rxpert83 likes this.