1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support San Francisco/ZTE Blade - Backlight broken??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HayleyPy, Aug 16, 2011.

1. HayleyPy

HayleyPy Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    I have the San Francisco that was locked to the Orange network. I unlocked it fine. Then I installed CyanogenMod 7.02 stable version.
    I had the issue (which from looking on forums seems to be a common) with the phone turning off whilst charging. This was ok as I simply turned it back on and it was fine.

Then after about a week of using it no probs, I found that when the battery was very low the screen simply turned off. At first I thought that it was the phone that was off but then I received a phone call and the phone rang. The touchscreen was still responsive too with haptic feedback. So I took the battery out rebooted it and charged the phone and the screen backlight came on again. This was ok for about another week, with some minor issues that rebooting solved.
    So, forgot to charge it again when the battery was low and the screen backlight went off again. Thought the same issue as before so took the battery out, rebooted and charged but nothing. The backlight won't come on at all. I've tried all the usual, taken the battery out, rebooted, charged, even left to completely uncharge then charged again. Nothing! Its definitely something to do with the backlight as the screen is still responsive and haptic, if I hold it at a certain angle under a light I can even faintly see what is on the screen.

Sorry about this long post! From searching I can't seem to find anyone else who has this issue?

Also, I did check the version using Mr Pigfish before installation.

Thanks for any help!!

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums! :)

Is it all the time, or just when the ROM has loaded? Can you see the Android/Cyanogen logo during boot?

3. HayleyPy

HayleyPy Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Hi, thanks for replying!
    Yeah I can see both of the logos, if I tilt the phone up to the light! And it does boot up correctly.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Thanks, I was just trying to rule out an issue with the ROM or hardware.

It sounds H/W related though unfortunately, which means you'll probably have to revert to stock and call in the warranty. :(

Tags: