1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sandisk problems?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Players' started by ramon198535, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ramon198535

ramon198535 Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    I'm not sure what's going on here. I have a SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC card, class 10. I just got it July 5th. When I got it, I plugged it into my YP-G1 Android media player, and formatted it from the device. The format was very quick. Maybe a minute, then I put my music library on there. It's about 20GB worth of music.

On my usual music player app, which is Winamp, when I click on genre, it takes a very long time before it shows my genres, then I can play my music. On my SD card I had before this one, it wouldn't take nearly as long. I tried another music player, and I thought the problem went away, but it did the same thing when I opened it for the second time.

What could be the problem? Is it the SanDisck card? Is it that I didn't format it while plugged into my computer, like I did on my old SD card? This is getting annoying, because I listen to my music so often!

Advertisement

2. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    Was the old card much smaller, with less music on it?

Are they both formatted with the same filesystem?

3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hope you don't mind, but I moved this over to the Galaxy Player forum so folks with this device can see it. Hopefully they can chime in with some advice. :)

Maybe this is a thing with the combo of the extra capacity card and the device?

I don't have one of these, so I'm not 100% sure. :eek:

4. ramon198535

ramon198535 Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    My old SD card was 32GB, just like this one. It was the old Sandisk SD card that was only black. This one is...I think grey and red. Or black and red. I don't know which file system my SD card is using right now. I formatted it with my YP-G1 Galaxy player.

Thanks for moving it btw. Wasn't sure where to put this.