• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root sanyo zio needs rooting!!!

I Did it!! I got rid of the bloatware!! (Uno and Midnight Bowling) Follow these steps.

1.) Download Universal Android Root from above.
2.) Root the phone. (install Universal Android Root, open program, root)
3.) Download Android Mate from the Market. Install this.
4.) Click on File Manager in Android Mate, give it super user powers.
5.) In the address box type /data/FLEX/app
6.) Check the apps you want to delete.
7.) Click delete on the bottom.

Word of Warning: These are system apps, delete whatever at your own risk, i take no blame if you brick your phone. This is how i got rid of my bloatware, you do so at your own risk.

Awesome thank you! This worked perfectly after I restarted my phone. :D

Upvote 0
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY SANYO ZIO FROM CRICKET!! I an new to the android so please help me!!

i am having rooting issues with my sanyo zio, i used android universal root and it says im rooted, when i start my barnical it gives me this mesg "link_image 1638: 5424 could not load needed library 'libbinder.so'for 'su' (load_library 984: library 'libbinder.so' not found) cannot link executable..

Upvote 0
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY SANYO ZIO FROM CRICKET!! I an new to the android so please help me!!

i am having rooting issues with my sanyo zio, i used android universal root and it says im rooted, when i start my barnical it gives me this mesg "link_image 1638: 5424 could not load needed library 'libbinder.so'for 'su' (load_library 984: library 'libbinder.so' not found) cannot link executable..

did you install barnacle in rooted and did u give it SU (super user) permissions?

Upvote 0
The above tips worked for me using Android Mate. I removed the two games. I didn't bother with the other apps as they don't really use any space. Since the Zio on Cricket is still running 1.6 you can't (Not without some serious hacking anyway).

What I really need is to be able to tether. I tried Barnacle first off when I got my Zio. It worked for about 30 seconds and never worked again. It acts like it's working and my machine can see it's network, but it is never able to connect. I really need this to be able to do stuff while I'm out an about. My Google CR-48 Chrome OS netbook has Verizon card in it, but I only have 100MB/month.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions. BTW. If it's to detailed for the forum, feel free to hit me up on Google Talk.

Upvote 0
newbie here. just recieved plbl zio from platinumtel. any danger for rooting phone from plbl carrier? thnx. it's android 2.1.

Universal and root seems to work fine on the Zio. Since ur running android 2.1 the new 1.6.2 beta should work fine. And MAYBE if u could make a backup of ur rom and up load it?:) I'm sure many zio users would be very happy with u ;-)

Upvote 0
I Did it!! I got rid of the bloatware!! (Uno and Midnight Bowling) Follow these steps.

1.) Download Universal Android Root from above.
2.) Root the phone. (install Universal Android Root, open program, root)
3.) Download Android Mate from the Market. Install this.
4.) Click on File Manager in Android Mate, give it super user powers.
5.) In the address box type /data/FLEX/app
6.) Check the apps you want to delete.
7.) Click delete on the bottom.

Word of Warning: These are system apps, delete whatever at your own risk, i take no blame if you brick your phone. This is how i got rid of my bloatware, you do so at your own risk.

Or you could just root your phone and go to the app store and download "Uninstall for root" since its not as risky ;) ~ just sayin'

Upvote 0
can anyone possibly point me in the right direction to show how to delete dumb apps that came with the phone.I'm pretty sure the root app worked but i don't know how to delete stuff i don't want or do just about anything worth while.sorry to keep asking but i'm really illiterate when it comes to this kinda stuff but am willing to do whatever it takes to learn it.

Go to the app market and download titanium backup for rooted phones the free version does just as much as the one that costs. You can uninstall unneeded apps, freeze the ones that take up too much battery life and memory, etc.... Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Go to the app market and download titanium backup for rooted phones

I have a Zio and I tried Titanium Backup it worked well but I am just pointing this out because the zio has pretty low memory I use Super Manager and it does all the same things and also every time you download a new app it tells you if it supports APP2SD and moves it for you Ti is great but I've found Super Manager works just as well and you can also backup everything including ROMS which I couldn't do with Ti or Rom Manager so this app replaced both on my Zio saving me some space.

Upvote 0
With a SPRINT Sanyo Zio, if the latest OTA update is applied (2.201SP or later), will rooting still work?

Recall that the one-click root method was patched in Android 2.2.1 and higher. If 2.201 is less than 2.2.1 (which it seems given the 'update name'), rooting should still work. Otherwise, we're out of luck?

Anyone know if the device still roots properly with the latest OTA update? Or "new" Zios from Sprint?

Upvote 0
I have the Sanyo Zio by cricket running 2.2.1. How am I to Root this thing? Do I need to Downgrade it first before trying universal androot or superoneclick?
I used to have the cricket Zio and in my opinion it was easier to use universal androot and no you dont have to downgrade. My Zio was on the 2.2 upgrade when I rooted it.

Upvote 0
Please help me root this android phone guys? This should be easy since its running stock android 1.6(besides some installed cricket apps).This phone is going to be a mass market android phone because of its price,specs,and cheap plan rate's.This phone needs to be updated to froyo bad, it needs a performance boost.Im a android noob but ive hacked ,gps,s and computer programs. So please help me out guys and if you need anything let me know. Thanks!

the kyocera zio is absolutely supported by universal androot! just install the apk. the only thing is when you do install it.you have to install rom manager and that unfortinatly does not support the zio(at least it doesnt supoort the backup!) i have just recently rooted my phone but is still in the process of trying to find an backup app so it can be fully rooted. try downloading a file manager or root manager from the market , it should do the trick!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones