1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sasung EPIC 4g under Sprint suddenly very slow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cyberpine, May 27, 2011.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I'm not rooted and have been on Froyo since the update. Everything has been fine. But for the last few days the phone has been slower and slower. Takes forever to change orientation and list applications from Search.

I've run App killer and cycled. I'm right under a Sprint 4g tower. Tried 3g and 4g. - No differece.

Advertisement

2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    Have you installed any new apps by chance? Also have you looked at what is running? Menu>settings>applications>running services. Task killers wont always kill everything and kill somethings that shouldn't be sometimes. Another thing to try is watchdog lite in the market, its free and it will alert you if you have a rouge app.

3. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Service Manager for a wireless recycler.
    Dallas, TX
    I recomend SystemPannel to see what speed your processor is running, and how how much load it has on it. I have found an app or two that were just killing my processor when they had issues. I was able to remove them and re-install them and that fixed the problems.

4. megabiteg

megabiteg Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Male
    Military
    Watchdog is also a good app to see whats your CPU up to.

5. bajabenedik

bajabenedik Lurker
    None

Nov 15, 2010
    Are you experiencing auto rotate slowness? If so, try recalibrating your phone using the "horizontal calibration" setting but place your phone with the screen facing downward with part of the screen off the edge of a table so you can click the calibration button. I did this and my phone works like normal again. I found the Froyo update to be very buggy!

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Try the EC05 Stock Plus ROM - it's very fast, and it got rid of the carrier bloat.

Also, be careful of how you use app killers. In Froyo, app killers may do more harm than good. Froyo takes care of apps very well. Some app killers actually cause Froyo to run slower because it's working against the efficient nature of Froyo.