• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sat nav doesn't work anymore

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. I followed the instructions and it seems to have worked! GPS Test showed that there were between 5-7 satellites on view so I turned on the sat nav and it still took a while to find satellites but it did eventually. I'll try that GPSFix app to speed it up too, do you just turn it on and then turn on the sat nav? Or do you turn it on and wait for something to happen before turning on the sat nav?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. I followed the instructions and it seems to have worked! GPS Test showed that there were between 5-7 satellites on view so I turned on the sat nav and it still took a while to find satellites but it did eventually. I'll try that GPSFix app to speed it up too, do you just turn it on and then turn on the sat nav? Or do you turn it on and wait for something to happen before turning on the sat nav?

Once you have installed GPS Test and calibrated it as per my link and set the update fequency... you can just forget about it as it will update itself and feed the information to Maps and other location services. The same applies to GPSFix or FasterFix. No need to turn them on or open them up before using Maps as they work in the background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones