• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Save $30 on Incredible VerizonWireless.com

Hah! Don't think I would have the patience either for $30 (don't blame me, I am using a blackberry flip 8230 and have been eagerly waiting to get rid of it).

I want to get this at BB since I have a gift certificate that I have been waiting to use. I'll try the print out showing the discount. Thanks for the suggestion!

Let me know if it works.. I'll let you know too.

I may not have the patience too but I can be stubborn!

Anyways the shipping and online activation discount is already gone so I would probably just be hurting myself.

Upvote 0
Called *611 and then they gave me the number to call for online orders(8663387390) and was told the order has already been processed so they couldn't give me the promo code discount

I figured this would be the case ... will the code work on anything on the site such as accessories or is it just for pre-ordering the Incredible so those of us whose orders are already processed and/or delivered are SOL?

Upvote 0
REALLY !?!? Anyone have this kind of luck?

Yeah, it took 2 calls. 1st CSR said they wanted me to fax over the "email" that I said I got the code from. After hanging up, the 2nd CSR had no problems crediting me $30 to my next bill.

Basically I said "I saw this code show up online on a forum. I can pre-order again today and still get it by the 29th with $30 off and then return ship the first pre-order from the 19th (on their dime), OR I was hoping someone could save me the trouble and just take it off my bill using a different code."

Upvote 0
Is the tax on the $529, if your state has tax?

In California, sales tax is calculated on the full retail price of the device, not the discounted price you pay. In Nevada, sales tax is calculated on the inventory cost of the device.

Outside of those two states, sales tax should be calculated off of the discounted price of the device.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it took 2 calls. 1st CSR said they wanted me to fax over the "email" that I said I got the code from. After hanging up, the 2nd CSR had no problems crediting me $30 to my next bill.

Do you have your phone yet? I'm wondering if I have to wait for it to arrive or if I can call now to get the credit?

I'm going to use that $$ to buy the red/black fade case.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with Verizon. I explained that after preordering my phone, I now have a code that would apply a $30.00 discount. I didn't have any problems getting what I wanted .. I didn't even have to say what the code word was. Once I receive my phone tomorrow I have to activate it and agree to the terms before I can have the credit applied. The CSR that I spoke with will check my account tomorrow and send me a text message that the credit is applied. Pretty sweet deal, thanks for posting this OP!

Reactions: marcelob
Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with Verizon. I explained that after preordering my phone, I now have a code that would apply a $30.00 discount. I didn't have any problems getting what I wanted .. I didn't even have to say what the code word was. Once I receive my phone tomorrow I have to activate it and agree to the terms before I can have the credit applied. The CSR that I spoke with will check my account tomorrow and send me a text message that the credit is applied. Pretty sweet deal, thanks for posting this OP!

Awesome news, thanks for checking this out. Going to do the same tonight...

Upvote 0
I am on the phone with them now. I also have FIOS at home, so when I call I get routed to One-Bill customer service. After speaking with her, I'd recommend if you also have FIOS at home to call regular customer service instead. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about (semi-understandable, since she works in a kind of limbo between wireless and FIOS) and I had to ask to be transferred.

Edit: After speaking with a regular CSR, she can't change my pending order (as everyone's saying) but she said she'd put a note on my account to credit me the $30 and if I call back once I've activated my Inc., the next rep can go ahead and apply a $30 credit to my acct.

I have to call back after activation anyway to get them to tweak my plan, so I don't mind the extra phone call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones