1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

save contacts to phone or sim card?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Android Question

I am setting up my 1st cell phone (Samsung Exhibit w/Jellybean) and want to add contacts. Phone is asking whether to save to phone or to sim card. Earlier it asked me something like to "save to Google" (?) and I said yes. I assume this meant to save my contacts but I'm lost. Which should I choose - phone or sim card? Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D1358531

D1358531 Well-Known Member

I put mine on my SIM card. That way, if something happened to the phone I can take the SIM card an put it in a new phone and my contacts will be there (I'm with T-Mobile). I think I saved to Google as well.

3. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Saving to SIM is the very old way... you can only save basic info and no pics.

Save to phone stores them only in your phone memory. If you loose the phone they are gone (unless you deliberately back them up to somewhere else.

Save to google means they are synced to your google account and are available from any browser on any device (with your google account password) and are also synced to any phone which has your google account on it. Its the best way.

Roger