• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help save files in google drive...

I completely get why someone would want to use Google Drive as a remote drive such that you can copy anything file to and from it. I guess I'm old school because I don't trust cloud storage. There are too many places at work where I get no wireless signal so it's necessary to make things local. Also, since I'm a geek, I want to control where it is kept locally, not Google.

ES File Explorer does allow you to do that but honestly, I use Dropbox because I find it easier to maintain.

Upvote 0
capturemjh.png

i was never able to make this work

Upvote 0
hmm that is weird, on the nexus 7 site, i saw that it was easy to transfert your itunes library to google play(well the music part), but i didnt find anywhere to do that! any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Francois

Go to the Google Music website (http://play.google.com/music I think), there's an upload music link there that will allow you to download the Music Manager software. You can have it upload your entire iTunes library (or just specific playlists, songs, etc).

Once done you can see your music in the Play Music app on your devices!

EDIT - just saw the message you're seeing. That's so odd, both my wife and I (in Southern Ontario) are able to access and use the Google Music service fine for months now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones