• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

save google contact icons

d4ead

Lurker
May 2, 2012
london
hey all

ive found ways to link my fb contact pics to my google contacts on my phone however, since my update to ics these do not show up in any 3rd party app.

So my whatsapp and viber go sms have almost no contact icons at all the only ones that show up are the ones i manually saved into my google account.

i found chomp sms has a feature built into it to import fb icons, but thats really not the point. As this does not help either viber or whatsapp (both worked fine untill ics) it also does not help if im on my laptop.

My question is this rather then linking from fb is there a way to actually save all my fb friends icons into my google contacts? This way i could see there pictures on the pc as well.

I have over 600 contacts so the idea of doing it manually is beyond ridicules and i must assume others have wanted to do this before i wondered if there was a pc based app that automates it or maybe google themselves have a import feature for this kind of thing?

I must assume this has come up thousands of times, and im just crap at searching cos i cant find an answer anywhere.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones