• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Save or archive a text message?

All outbound calls though get shown as Google Voice to those you call is that how it works?

You can set it that way. I have chosen to not use Google Voice for outbound calls... just for inbound voice mail and text (sms) messages, so the people I call see my actual cell number. You can still give them your GV number and have them call you on it as well and it will ring whatever phone you have set-up. It is really cool!

Upvote 0
When using these back ups such as "sms to text" or "sms back up and restore" do the original messages also stay in the location they are in or are they deleted? I would like to find a way to save my text to the sdcard so they can be printed from my computer but I would also like them to stay on my phone in the messaging form they are currently in.

Upvote 0
Backup To GMail can archive all of your text messages to your gmail account. It automatically labels them "SMS" or "MMS", marks them as read, and archives them so your inbox won't get cluttered. Have been using it 6 months or so with no issues.

I purchased and installed the "Backup to Gmail" app on my DROID X today, and it keeps giving me error messages when I try to back up the texts threads I want to save/archive.

How do I fix this?

Brian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones