1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Save photos from internal memory if the phone has locked

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Mazliyana, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Mazliyana

Mazliyana Guest
    None
    Hye,
    I am using sony xperia ion lt28h.The screen has locked and i can't remember what was the number.
    The thing is i needs the photos and videos in my phone.And those photos has been save in my internal memory .i has tried connect my phone to my laptop but failed.

So heres my questions, how can i save those pictures before i format my phone or is it another way that can save my pictures during format and my phone locked can be open back.

I need an option that will leave the photos and video on the internal memory but just reset the software / apps

Thanks for your help

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Normally the phone would have "Forgotten Password" showing at the bottom of the screen. If you click this you can enter your google account info to unlock the screen IF you have data or wifi on. If you have androidlost (or similar app) installed you may be able to turn data on remotely by sms from another phone or PC. If you have set up timed wifi on in settings, you can wait for it to come on. If not there is a way using android ADB if you have USB debugging already enabled.

Other than that you are going to have to do a factory reset from Recovery Mode and will lose your pictures.

See this faq post

http://androidforums.com/faqs/685025-lost-phone-locked-out-faq.html

Are you sure you don't have any auto backup running - Dropbox, Google+, Copy etc.?

Roger

3. Mazliyana

Mazliyana Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    nope. i didnt have any auto backup.
    Someone says that if 'i'm doing factory reset i would not delete media such as pictures.WAs it true?? because i really need my pictures .

4. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

If they are saved in internal memory rather than on a removable sd card, they will be erased when you factory reset. Everything that you put on the phone will be wiped. Not what you want to hear I realise.........

Roger